The Right Perspective

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Prayer for President Obama

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this country and the freedoms with which we are so blessed. Do not let us take them for granted and when we do, remind us of the true reason we are free. Have mercy on us, Lord, when we do stumble and protect us as only You can.

On this day and forward, may Your guiding hand and Your wisdom be upon President Obama. May he look to You as the source of hope and wisdom and guidance for our country. Give him humility and understanding beyond his years or experience. Soften his heart so that he will be willing to hear and heed Your voice. Allow him to seek out wise counsel and ignore those who will desire to do harm to our country and its people. Give this new president Your vision for our country and allow him to be successful in accomplishing Your goals.

And finally, Lord, remind us all that You are our true leader. Let us all seek Your face and Your wisdom and forgiveness so that together, we might remain truly free.

In Jesus' precious name,
Amen

3 comments:

Malott said...

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."
Psalms 91

God help us and bless our country.

janice said...

What a beautiful prayer, Christina.

We all need to pray for this president, those who have his ear and our nation.

SkyePuppy said...

Amen.

We need a King David, but I fear we may have given ourselves a King Saul. Time will tell.