The Right Perspective

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Kingdom for a ...Snowplow!

We have about a foot of snow so far. The temperature outside is currently 12 degrees with a wind chill somewhere around 2. Today is warm compared to what is coming later tonight and for the rest of the week.

We are supposed to get 6-12 more inches of snow overnight...Lake Effect, this time which is unpredictable but usually as heavy or heavier than predicted. There is a wind chill warning in effect for the next couple of days and there's just too much snow everywhere.

The roads are passable at this point, but many other (more sensible) states would have closed up indefinitely with these conditions. Not northern Indiana, though. School and work must go on.

Andrew (in his little Olds Alero) barely made it out of the driveway. We've both been quite sick, we haven't shoveled (I can't) and the small snowblower we have just struggles with this much snow. And now there's more coming. I sure hope Andrew makes it home tonight...and in the driveway.

Anybody have a snowplow just hanging around? One that attaches to a mini-van perhaps? We just might need it!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh I need to send my snow man (not a snowman...a snow man) your way! Our secretary and her husband have a huge pickup truck and a plow on it. (He's a small business owner and so he plows his own parking lot.) He often comes past my house after a snow (which isn't really on his way to anywhere) and plows out my drive. I can shovel mine - it's not SO big, but it sure is nice to hear him out there!

I hope you find a kindhearted soul who can clear you out! If I lived closer (like next door) I'd shovel for you!

Christina said...

I wish I knew your snow man too!

I usually will shovel but I don't think that is a good plan right now in my "delicate condition". (not that I'm that sorry about it)

The problem is that for this much snow, shoveling is a HUGE job.

I thought about offering to pay for the use of a neighbor's bigger snowblower, but I decided not to. He's a nice guy, but that would still probably be weird.

SkyePuppy said...

Oh my goodness! The Midwest really is different from the snowy parts of the West. In Montana and Spokane, we only got snow when the temperatures were in the 20s or 30s. Below that was too cold (and dry) for new snow.