The Right Perspective

Friday, January 16, 2009

And Then There Were None...(That Are Healthy)

Well, yesterday was officially a rough day. After calling the doctor's office in tears, getting some new medicine prescribed, an all-day-long, want to rip my eye/head off headache and the complete inability to keep anything solid or liquid down, the icing on the cake was Emily waking up crying around 9:30 pm and then all through the night with what had to be an ear infection. She and I ended up on the couch (in separate recliners), watching the Cosby show and whatever else comes on at 3:30 am. I had such terrible heartburn that I couldn't stay laying down in bed anyhow.

So I called the pediatrician at 8:15 this morning and got an appt. for 9:15. I threw on some make-up and clothes, got a sobbing Emily dressed and headed out for the pedi's office in -17 degree (actual temp) weather. She definitely has a low-grade fever and a nasty ear infection in one ear. So we headed to Walgreens to pick up her anti-biotics (flavored grape, of course) where Emily continued to sob and then slip and fall on a wet spot from her boots.

It was a fun night/morning. I'm ready for bed.

In other medical news, my OB decided to prescribe Tylenol with Codeine for immediate pain relief of migraines (which didn't help much last night) and Verapamil to help prevent further migraines. Verapamil is primarily used in heart patients, to lower blood pressure and to act as a calcium channel blocker. I'm kind of afraid to use it, but I don't have a lot of options. If this doesn't work, it's off to the neurologist. And of course, every single medication (some of which are taken in combination with each other have the same side effect: drowsiness.

Yes, that's just what I need.

Keep praying, please. I don't like taking all this medicine and yet I have to have it to keep functioning.

1 comment:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, honey. I'm so sorry. The last two school snow days (meaning there was awful weather) Pojke woke up the night before screaming. We spent Thursday going from the ped's office to the chiropractor to Walgreens, etc. with the FOURTH ear infection since T-giving.

As to your headaches, I don't remember you having them when you were pg with Emily. Is there a way to take "half" doses? While I couldn't take them when pg, I've split my Adderall in half due to the side effects since.

Can you call anyone for help? Someone to come hang out during the day and lighten the load? I'd could down but you probably wouldn't want us - both kids are all boogery.

And, I'll keep praying...