The Right Perspective

Friday, January 30, 2009

17 Weeks

Well, we've officially made it to 17 weeks pregnant. Counting all of this week, there are only 24 more to go.

Overall, I'm feeling better. I am very hopeful that the migraines are gone. Of course, I'm assuming it's only because of the medication, but whatever works is fine with me. I haven't had any more vomiting either, which is a welcome relief. I still get nauseated at some point during each day, even with the Zofran, but it's bearable. I'm trying to decide if I might be brewing a sinus infection, since I've been getting annoying minor headaches each day and I am still congested. I guess I'll wait it out and see if anything changes.

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and everything looks good. We heard the heartbeat with no trouble (well, at least not the kind of trouble we had last time!) and the doctor said all seems good. That's all that matters. I go back in 4 weeks and hopefully then or shortly thereafter, we will find out the gender of this little one. Em is hoping for a sister. However, if it's a brother her idea for a name was "Teapot".

It should be interesting!

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad things are going better - I've been praying for you! LOVE YOU!!

As for Teapot for a boy.....I might have to ponder that for a while. LOL. But then again, I'm the girl who named her Chihuahua Lassie, so obviously I'm open to consideration of things.

janice said...

Teapot? Interesting...

Do you have names picked out yet for this bundle of joy?

Christina said...

Bekah,

Thanks for praying. I am feeling much better. Not perfect, but a vast improvement.

There was no problem with naming your Chihuahua "Lassie"...especially if she had delusions of grandeur!

Christina said...

Janice,

No names picked out yet. I know what I would pick for a girl, but Andrew has vetoed it. We do think that a girl's middle name will be Katheryn or Katherine. (I like Lily Katherine.)

As for a boy...the middle name will be Paul, but no first name yet. Hopefully in the next month we'll find out the gender and then we'll be in business.