The Right Perspective

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day 6 - 2009

Well, we are now 6 days into the New Year and I have little of consequence to report. (I know, shocking!)

Our family had a nice New Year's Eve/Day and a nice second (belated) Christmas with extended family. Happily, they are all healthy now, but we are not. Emily started coughing on Friday and has been steadily sounding worse since then. This kid has sneezed more than you would believe! And now, I seem to be coming down with the same thing.

We took Em to the doctor yesterday and it is just a bad cold. She's on day 5, so she should start turning the corner soon. Poor kid sounds like she's hacking up a lung when she coughs. Her eyes are constantly watering and red and we've already cleaned out 2 tissue boxes just from her.

I woke up a little before 4 am. with the feeling of gunk running down my throat and making it sore...a sure sign that I am next in line for the cold. Oh well...I'm just glad I got my necessary errands run while Daddy was still home with Em yesterday.

So, that's our update for now. See, I told you it wasn't exciting!

3 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Oh dear! Make sure you get the really good tissues. No need adding a red, chafed nose to the list of maladies.

Christina said...

It's too late for Emily. She has been sneezing like nothing I have ever seen. There are no tissues made to make that easier!

I'm just hoping I don't get the cough she has. It's not nice.

Bekah said...

awww, sweetie!! I'm sorry!!

Did you get the puffs with vicks? Trudy brought a box to me when I had that nastiness in September, and though they do reek, I have to admit they helped!!