The Right Perspective

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Last Minute Scramble

Yep, I'm still here. It's been a busy few days. On Saturday, Andrew and I split up, he with Emily and me alone, to try to start and finish our Christmas shopping. (He was starting and finishing in one day, I was merely finishing.) I almost did get done, but I find myself today needing 2 more gifts, one for Andrew's secretary (hardly seems fair) and one for my friend. I'm stuck. I have no more good ideas left. And yet, something will have to be purchased today. The gift for my friend must also be mailed out. It's not looking good that that one will arrive in time for Christmas.

Speaking of mailing things, I sent my family's Christmas gifts out yesterday, the documented absolute busiest, last day to guarantee that they will arrive before Christmas, postal day of the year. Suffice it to say that I had to wait in line on the street in my car while police directed traffic just to get a parking space at the post office. Then, I attempted to lug a box that used to house my full-size vacuum cleaner and a two-year old across the busy parking lot. The box was only slightly shorter than Emily and 2-3 times as wide. It wasn't a pretty sight. Thank goodness for pleasant weather and a gentleman who happened to be walking in just before me and offered to hold the door, otherwise, I think I'd still be stuck outside trying to juggle everything.

All in all, I'm just simply too busy at the moment to post anything very deep. I'll be back sometime after Christmas with some more thoughtful posts (hopefully), but for now, I'm just checking in from time to time to remind everyone that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. And just in case I don't have a chance to say it later on....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Bekah said...

I should have taken the day off work to help you out. (Can you tell I'm looking for reasons to leave the office??)

I hope you have a great Christmas!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

Love ya!

Christina said...

Hey Rebekah, I'll give you lots of reasons to take off work. I'm good at that. I still haven't baked cookies yet...wanna help?

Just take the day off...work will still be there when you get back.

(I'm not helping, am I?)

I'll be heading to your neck of the woods this weekend through sometime Tuesday. Maybe I'll see you? Either way, hope you have a great Christmas with your family as well.

Love ya!

Bekah said...

Yes you are helping very much! I'm always looking for peer pressure like this.

I'd love to see you!! Give me a call if you have a free minute. Maybe I'll have a free one then too!!

SkyePuppy said...

All I can say about your post office ordeal is "Wow!" I don't remember it ever being that bad when I've gone. I went this past Saturday, and the line was out to the door (it's a long way to the counter), but they also had some automated parcel machines that weighed the package, calculated postage, printed the bar-coded postage sticker, and took plastic payment. I used that, because it had a short line.

Don't worry that you're not posting anything deep. I enjoy posts like this, because they remind me (now that my babies are grown) of the days when the kids were little. My husband & I would both take the day off work and leave the kids at daycare, and we'd do the whirlwind shopping and wrapping (or hiding, if there wasn't time to wrap), before picking up the kids and bringing them home. It looks like some things never change...

Anyway, your post will make the busier ones of us feel like we're not alone. And it'll make the got-it-all-together types feel smug, which superior people enjoy. So you help people either way.

Have a merry Christmas!

janice said...

Merry Christmas Christina, may our Lord Bless you and your family.

P.S. This new color scheme is growing on me, I like it.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, girl! Thanks for finding me and commenting on my blog!I hadn't forgotten about you. Just busy with all the things I'm sure you already read about so I won't bore you with more details! LOL Now that I know where you are here in "Blog-ville", I'll ck in more regularly!