The Right Perspective

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Experimenting...

I finally have a few minutes to myself because Emily is napping without too much fight today! Can anyone say "Hallelujah!!!" She only cried for 20 minutes or so last night when I left her room and about 5-10 at naptime today, so maybe, just maybe things are headed in the right direction.

So what do I do? I decided to play around with the new features on Blogger Beta and tweak my template a little bit. I'm still not sure the changes are exactly what I want, but I'm going to give it some time and see if it grows on me. In the meantime, I'm announcing the addition of "Bekah's Bits" to the Links column. Bekah is my former college roomate and someone I am proud to call "friend". She's a budding writer and an all-around great person, so feel free to visit. WARNING...she is a cat person and addicted to taking pictures of everything (like me).

So, though this is certainly not the world's most earth-shatteringly amazing blog post, I am still alive, slightly more sane than a few days ago nearly finished with Christmas shopping and wrapping. Thank heaven for small blessings....

10 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

"nearly finished with Christmas shopping and wrapping" is earth-shatteringly amazing.

I have one (1) Christmas gift, and it's not wrapped yet.

Count your huge blessings. :o)

Christina said...

Well, I'd like to say that I'm just simply incredibly organized and totally on top of things, but the truth is, that since my side of the family lives hundreds of miles away, I have to get myself in gear a little sooner in order to get things purchased, wrapped and sent off in the mail.

But you're right...It is a big deal to be this close to the finish line. Good luck with the rest of your shopping.

janice said...

"Hallelujah"
Maybe all those prayers are paying off.

I'm not sure the color scheme is you, exactly, but the more I look at it, it seems to grow on me.

I too, like the new Beta Blogger features. Continue to tweek it, I'm sure you'll find that perfect fit.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I've never had a formal introduction before. I feel so special!! :)

And I probably warrant much more warning than just the cat and picture overload. Just ask those who work with me...WARNING - needs coffee before ten. WARNING - prone to crying over songs on the radio. WARNING - when bringing bad news, also bring chocolate.

I'm SO excited that Emily had a good day! Yay God!!!!!! - Bekah

Malott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malott said...

Yes, a very interesting color scheme you have going here... sort of a mix between "fast food drapery" and "neo-brothel."

Truly fit for a cat lover.

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

How would you know how a brothel (neo or otherwise) is decorated???

janice said...

Skye got you there, Chris.

So, tell us Chris, how would you know the decor?

Christina said...

Chris, I think Skyepuppy said it best...however, I was not satisfied with my choice of colors either, so I am still working on it. Hopefully, I'll eventually find something that is classy enough for you (and me). After all, this cat lover certainly wouldn't want this blog to even have the air of inpropriety. No siree...

Malott said...

OK,
Now this has more of a "cabin-in-the-woods" kind of feel. The hearth has a fire blazing and there is a shotgun over the mantle...
I like it.