The Right Perspective

Friday, December 22, 2006

Fa-la-la-la-BLAH!

Well, if you read my answer for the worst Christmas under my "Christmas Survey" post, you'll understand the title of this post.

Yep, we are once again doing the Christmas Pukies. "Oh What Fun....Not!"

I went upstairs last night to rock Emily and after about 10 minutes, she looked up at me, clutched her tummy and vomited all over her, me, the rocking chair, her favorite stuffed animal, three blankets and a large portion of the floor. Yep...lots of fun. She proceeded to puke every 20-30 minutes from about 9:00pm until sometime after 4:00am. I know this because I slept on the floor beside her, listening to her call my name, tell me (with her sign language) that she was "all done" and then puke again, laying down and presumably going to back to sleep for a few minutes before going 'round again. This didn't allow for much sleep for Emily or me and pretty much guarantees that I will be following much the same course in 12-24 hours.

I blame this on our speech therapist. She came to our house (as usual) Monday morning and half-way through the hour-long session told me that her 2-year old son had puked all weekend and that her husband had awakened that very morning, also puking. Gee...I wonder if it ever occurred to her to NOT BE THE CARRIER MONKEY!!!!!

Did I mention we were supposed to leave to visit family 2 hours away this evening...and stay through Christmas? Looks like that plan is out the window and who knows what the new plan will be our if we will be healthy enough to even make a Christmas plan.

Bah Humbug!

Emily has spent the entire morning reassuring me that her tummy feels better, but then again, all she's had to drink is water, she's asked for nothing to eat and all she wants to do is lay down...not at all like her, so it's really hard to tell whether the worst is over yet or not. Please, please let it be...for all of us.

2 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Oh, honey! I'm so sorry! I wish I could just invite you guys up here! LOL We're doing the weekend "all alone" just the four of us! ;) (((HUGS)))

Christina said...

Thanks Beth. I really appreciate the thought, but I wouldn't dare pass this along to anyone else.

I would so much rather it be me sick (even though few things are worse than vomitting in my opinion) than Emily because she just gets so scared and lethargic.

I'm just hoping that by tomorrow she is back to normal and that Andrew and I stay healthy.

Merry Christmas!