The Right Perspective

Monday, June 23, 2008

To Tide You Over....

It's been a very busy few weeks around here. My family came for a visit last week and, since gas prices stayed above $4.00/gal., we tried to find local things to do.

We went to the local zoo on Tuesday. It was a cool sunny day and ideal for viewing the animals. I have more pictures to post, but that will have to wait until another day when Blogger is cooperating better. Until then, these will have to suffice. Here are just a few of the more photogenic animals we saw:

This white tiger was close enough to touch (if the glass weren't there!) He was beautiful and his paws were enormous. I thought this was a nice picture.

I think this crazy camel had an itch. He kept rubbing his belly and "boohind" (as Em calls it) on this tree stump. The best part is that I have a picture almost identical to this one from a visit a couple of years ago.

This peacock was all over the place. He even came within a foot of our picnic table.

This wallaby was munching on some grass and weeds. Cute little rodent, isn't he?

I have more pictures of these lions that I will post later, but they are my favorite animals at the zoo. So majestic and beautiful...and cats!

4 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Oh man! We've been trying to find a good time to come down your way and visit those animal buddies of yours! LOL Last weekend was Relay For Life and this weekend camping at a small place between you and B Springs.

Do you think you'd like to go again sometime - either us mommies w/kids during the week or with the signif others on a weekend?

Christina said...

I would love to go again. They also have a butterfly house this year with all sorts of exotic butterflies. (I've got more pictures!)

During the week with kids is fine, or with hubbies....either way!Whenever it works out for you, let me know!

SkyePuppy said...

It's so good of them to provide a belly-scratcher for the camels!

Bekah said...

YAY for cats - I'll join you in the cat-lovers' parade since I know not everyone feels that way. :)

I went to the Indy zoo in May and the lions there were far more boring than yours. Theirs had nothing to say, and in fact, I don't even think they woke up the entire time.

Even my cats get up for treats.