The Right Perspective

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gardening Update

Well, it's been quite a while since I updated my faithful readers on my gardening projects, so here goes. We have done quite a bit of work on the two main flower gardens, including the all-new garden in the backyard and more revamping of the huge monstrosity in the front of the house.

I am proud to say that after more than a month, my new garden in the back looks great. Everything seems to be thriving, though some plants are done blooming, and it now has mulch and edging, with a few new plantings and geraniums in the metal buckets along the wall.

The front garden got some pruning, two old stumps removed (man, that's hard work!) and a new white/pink rose bush. I have another rose bush that will have yellow roses edged with pink, but I haven't planted it yet. It is just getting ready to bloom any day now. My hostas that I planted 3 years ago finally look healthy and larger, my hydrangea bush is still small, but it has gorgeous pink blooms all over it. I still have 6 hostas to plant in various areas, one rose bush, two spider plants (nasty named things, but very lovely), two more stumps to pull and more mulch to spread, but all in all, things are shaping up very nicely!

And now the pictures, which will probably take up two posts above this....

No comments: