The Right Perspective

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Lion" Around

So I mentioned before that the lions were my favorite animals at the zoo. First, they are cats, and everyone here knows I am a fan of cats. I mean, how can anyone not admire these beautiful creatures? Sure, they are imensely lazy for the most part, but would you tangle with one? I think not?
The picture below is a bit blurry because this big fella was on the prowl with a lot to say. Until a couple years ago, I had never heard a real lion roar. It's an awesome sound, very different from the way I imagined it. There is a resonance that fills the air. It is fierce, in charge and awe-inspiring. It cannot be ignored. I have no doubt that this is part of why one of the names of God is "the Lion of Judah".

This lion has such a wise and understanding face. (Not so understanding that I would put my hand near it, however!)


Basking in the sun....what a life.

All that roaring and sleeping really wears a lion out, I guess.

2 comments:

never said...

better than a dog's life only the life of this lion...

Christina said...

No kidding! Except that my cats are much lazier than my dog.

Thanks for stopping by.