The Right Perspective

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The New Back Garden: A month later

My cherry tree in the corner seems to be thriving. The two new plantings are the tall spider flowers against the back wall. I hope they are perennials, but no one seems to know!
Closer views of the spider flowers. They look better now, after a couple of days of heavy watering.

My daylillies, bucket geraniums and one of the new hostas. Also note the new mulch and edging!


The long view...a better looks at the edging.

4 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

I think you may have found your innre green thumb! Everything looks amazing! Maybe tackle a garden next year? *wink*

SkyePuppy said...

Everything's looking great, Christina! My yard always has weeds. I admire your hard work!

Christina said...

Beth,

The verdict's still out on my green thumb. It does look a little more hopeful though.

I don't think I'm going to tackle anymore gardens though. I have quite enough!

Skyepuppy,

Thanks for the encouragement. It is definitely hard work. Mulching is very dirty work too...and then there are the spiders and bugs. Did I mention that a tiny spider bit me? But still, thanks for saying it looks nice!

Bekah said...

I'm beyond impressed. Mom and Dad are coming this weekend to help with the things I either don't know how to do on my own or can't do on my own because I don't have the right tools. Maybe I won't show them these pictures of what you did all by yourself! :)

I put down edging last year and well remember that it is hard work. Given that I'm dreadfully afraid of spiders and any sort of buggy things...that in itself was a great accomplishement.