The Right Perspective

Saturday, January 27, 2007

In-state Tuition for Illegals in Maryland

Newly elected Maryland governor Martin O'Malley (D-how did you guess?) is poised to sign into law a bill, proposed by Democrat delegate Victor R. Ramirez, which will entitle ILLEGAL aliens in the state of Maryland to in-state college tuition rates. The illegal aliens would then be eligible for a reduction of nearly half the tuition rate (or on average more than $8,000) per year on tuition costs in Maryland colleges.

Of course, if I, a completely legal U.S. citizen, born and raised a mile away from the Maryland border, but none-the-less a Delawarian, were to apply to a Maryland college, I would have to pay full price for tuition...no exceptions.

Hmmm..can I apply for illegal alien status? Free healthcare, half-price college tuition, amnesty...I mean really, I could have paid off my college loans years ago!

What a load of horse manure!! (Sorry, but this really, really burns my behind. Chris, do you have an illustration you'd like to share for this one?)

For more info, see story on Fox News website...because if I write any more, I'm just going to get myself in trouble.

6 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

I really don't understand how Democrats don't understand what the word, "illegal," means.

Bekah said...

Oh boy - I'm really glad I don't work in one of THOSE financial aid offices!! I think the calls I get are bad....imagine explaining THAT to an irate parent!!

No thank you - I think I'll sit in my happy little office and wait for my own irate people.

Malott said...

Great post.

The Dems see the illegal vote as another way to hold onto power. I'm sure they are right - too many of us legals don't take the issue to the ballot box.

And sorry, I don't draw horse butts. That would be tasteless.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

I know what you mean. Maybe we all need to send each Democrat congressperson a letter with the definition of "illegal" in it. Maybe the President needs one too!

Christina said...

Bekah,

It's funnny that you responded because I thought of you when composing this post. Irate parents would be calling for sure!

Christina said...

Chris,

I think you're right about this being a power issue. Still, it stinks.

So, you draw the line at horse butts, huh?