The Right Perspective

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Duncan Hunter to Run in '08

Today, California Rep. Duncan Hunter (R) has formally thrown his hat into the ever-expanding ring of presidential hopefuls. I have to admit, when I first heard that he was considering a run, I didn't really know much about him. So I checked out his voting record. (Check it for yourself HERE.)

I like what I see and hear out of this man, however the Reuters article I read describes Hunter as a "longshot" and a "distinct underdog". I hope they're wrong. Hunter is really the only person in the current group of contenders who seems to be listening to the Republican base. It's sort of refreshing. Any thoughts from anyone else out there in blogland?

1 comment:

SkyePuppy said...

Duncan Hunter is from the San Diego area. Lots of military, especially Navy. He's known for being strong on the border and strong on defense.

I like him, but I don't think he has much chance, unless a miracle happens during the campaign to knock the front-runners out.

Hugh Hewitt played some of Mitt Romney's speech about how he sees the war and how we should approach Iran. It was excellent. Each time I hear more of or from Romney, I like him even better.