The Right Perspective

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Homosexual Agenda Hits Home

When I was a teenager, I worked part-time at a Bonanza restaurant as a waitress/hostess. As a 16-year old girl, part of my job included showing customers to their seats. Living in a small town, we had a lot of "usual" customers. You know the kind, they come in every day, at the same time, and order their usual. We also had a lot of customers who were "regulars", and the employees recognized them when they came in.

One such regular, most unfortunately, was a cross-dresser. I lived in a very small town, in a very tiny state, so this person was quite well-known and recognized because he paraded around town in his fishnet stockings, mini-skirt, wig and make-up. He was pretty hard to miss.

A lot of my co-workers were teenagers also, and whenever this cross-dresser would come in, they would make a big deal about him and laugh and stare and actually try to go out of their way to wait on this guy. They gave him a ton of attention, which is exactly what he was after.

I hated having to seat this particular customer. I would always try to find a table somewhere away from families and get him seated as quickly as possible. This never happened, though, because this man always insisted on parading all the way through the restaurant (which had 3 main seating areas) so that he could attract as much attention as possible, before being seated. I hated this. I didn't want to be the person who led this twisted individual around like a person leading a show horse. But I didn't have a choice. The owners of the restaurant did not refuse him service and I couldn't refuse to do my job and still keep it.

Now, the homosexual, cross-dressing, transgender, perverted sexuality groups are once again trying to invade my home. I received this update from the American Family Association in my email today:

May 16, 2006

ALERT: South Bend City Council Considering Special "rights" for Homosexuals & Cross Dressers

Homosexual and transgender activists are working overtime to successfully pass Bill 29-06 now before the South Bend City Council. This is a controversial and radical ordinance that could force many private businesses, even a ministry, to adopt pro-gay rights and cross-dressing policies.

Giving in to their demands, the council is now expected to cast a final vote on the issue within a month. That's why the Council needs to hear from you TODAY!

This ordinance will force St. Joseph County residents to treat changeable homosexual behaviors and cross-dressing as the moral and legal equivalent of race or skin color. Under this radical proposal, the city-county government would make it a "civil right" for a man to wear a dress to work, or into a women's restroom, something which judges in Minnesota and elsewhere have ruled is his "right" under the protected class of "gender identity."

An employer who conducts business with city or county government, or ever hopes to -- even a Christian radio station -- would be forced to adopt pro-homosexual and cross-dressing policies. Private business owners and employees would be forced by law to violate their conscience regarding the morality of dangerous and controversial sexual behaviors.

In other Midwest cities like Chicago, Detroit and Ann Arbor, similar "sexual orientation" city ordinances have been used to attack and threaten and cut off funds to the Salvation Army and the Boy Scouts simply because they refuse to embrace homosexual behaviors and cross-dressing.

Take Action

Giving in to their demands, the council is now expected to cast a final vote on the issue within a month. That's why the Council needs to hear from you TODAY!

And so today, my city council members and mayor heard my voice. I don't want my daughter to be bombarded with perversions of sexuality like I was at such a young age. I don't want this to commonplace in my hometown. I don't want their morality shoved in my face. It's not fair, it's wrong and harmful and I'm sick of being forced to accept a lifestyle choice as a inborn trait like race. Not in my hometown, not in my backyard.

4 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

Do you plan to homeschool Emily? At the rate the country is going, it may be the only way you can keep her from being exposed to all this stuff from kindergarten on.

janice said...

Great post Christina,
once again the left is forcing their immorality in our face.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

I don't know what we're planning to do for school yet. Since Emily was born in Sept. (and will be 5 after the cut-off date for enrolling in Kindergarten) we potentially have a little more time to decide.

I'm not at all thrilled with the area public schools. There are a few public schools I would feel more confortable with, but not in this area. I'm okay with a Christian school, but this area is heavily Catholic and I'm not okay with that. Finding a good Christian school that offers a well-rounded curriculum is tough, but I would like to at least look into it.

I've never wanted to homeschool or be homeschooled (I went to a Christian school), but there are definitely times whe that aseems like the only option.

I guess the short answer is, I don't know yet.

janice said...

Christina,
Not for nothing so I'll throw my 2 cents in, this is a blog, right?

I'm all for christian/catholic school. To have your child surrounded by like minded folks teaching not only the 3 "R's" but values and morals applicable to daily life. A wonderful investment!
But that's just my opinion.