The Right Perspective

Friday, May 19, 2006

Garden Pictures Galore




The first two pictures show the rest of the mulching I've done. I still need to do a little planting, but I'm quickly growing weary. Plus, it's rained everyday for at least 8 days now, so the weather's not cooperating. However, I am happy to report that the six hostas I planted 10 days ago are still alive and seem to be in pretty much the same healthy condition they were in when I purchased them, so that's an achievement for me.


This is my new little garden buddy. I received plenty of ideas about what type of statues I should put in my flower garden (namely flamingos, gnomes and lawn jockeys), but I decided to branch out. I know you can't tell from the picture, but this friendly little fellow has a bobble-head and tail. (It's irresistable, I promise) So now, he sits right outside my front step and greets all of our visitors with a friendly little tail wagging and head bobbing.

No hard-hitting journalism today, just a little bragging and whimsy.

1 comment:

Malott said...

Great Job! Looks really nice.

Still, a lawn jockey and a couple plastic flamingos might really set it off.