The Right Perspective

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Out With the...

Old Refrigerator....which, at 16 +years old, has served us well, and continues on in a new spot, as an over-flow fridge until it finally dies.
You might notice the green schedule on the freezer...which indicates that tomorrow afternoon will be Bella's first obedience class. Yes, folks, I get the honor of training our dufus of a dog over the next eight weeks, but I'm sure there will more about that later.
And in (barely) with the new "fuwidgawator".
I say barely because we had 36 inches of clearance in which to fit the fridge, and this only after moving a lower cabinet over a few inches. The new fridge is 35.5 inches wide. It BARELY fit through the front door, down the hall or in the space. Let's just say that I am extremely glad that we didn't go with our second choice...a GE that was 35.75 inches wide!

Below is a pic of the new ice/water dispenser. Our old ice maker (no water) had not worked in a couple of years. We had repaired it twice before that, but finally something started leaking (okay, spurting is more accurate) from the back of the old fridge and so we finally admitted defeat and just started buying ice. I am very excited about the ice maker.
I am also very excited that we found exactly what we wanted on clearance at Lowe's for a little over 40% off. Not too shabby!

The inside of our fridge. Not too exciting, you might think, but A.) it's perfectly clean and B.) it's so much roomier and better organized than our old one. Our old fridge had a little over 4 cu. ft. of freezer space. This one has something like 9+ cu. ft., which will be well used!



Now, I just have to wait for it to cool completely before going grocery shopping to fill it with new food!

6 comments:

Bekah said...

oh that is so pretty!! the pictures wouldn't load for me at home yesterday so i had to wait until today to see. I'm jealous of the ice maker. I am still the ice maker at my house. :)

janice said...

Oh Christina I love it! Very nice and it was on sale, awesome!

Christina said...

Thanks. The pictures are lousy, but no matter what setting I used on my camera, I couldn't get a good one.

If one can love an appliance...I do! I'm a big, big fan of the much-improved organization. I desperately need it.

SkyePuppy said...

It looks wonderful! My #1 requirement for a fridge is that it fits a turkey in the freezer. I remember Sears's appliance department having a plastic turkey on hand so you can see how well it fits (there actually were some side-by-sides years ago that couldn't fit a turkey).

Bekah, I'm the ice-maker at my house too. :o)

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

I make a fantastic and huge brownie sundae desert that requires a trifle bowl. I require room for that...at least once a year!

And yes, I will someday post the recipe (no, no one asked, but you should!) when I actually make it, because pictures are important.

The turkey is a good idea too, although I noticed that most freezers are marketed today to hold a large frozen pizza. Either one works for me!

Dina said...

Oh that is one cool refrigerator!!