The Right Perspective

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emily Has Some "Big News".....

We're Having a "Brother"!!!!
The above picture is of Baby Boy's profile (head on the left, chest/stomach on the right).

This next picture is also our "brother's" profile and, I think, an arm sticking up, though don't hold me to that!



This last picture is of Baby Boy's tiny little feet, toes pointing to the left. How precious!


Emily seems to be excited about her "brudder". She and Andrew got to go to the ultrasound with me and see all the tiny organs and the heartbeat and the hands and feet and finally, the extra appendage that told us that he was definitely a boy.

Emily even got her own special ultrasound picture (I think of his face), with which she is very pleased. It did not leave her side from about 2:00 until bedtime. Personally, I would have taken a picture of her ultrasound photo, but it's just a little weird...I think I can see the eyes, nose and mouth, but it's a bit freakish still, at this point (23 weeks).


And so now, the fun parts: picking a name....and SHOPPING!!!! (That sound you hear is Andrew groaning!)

11 comments:

Dina said...

OH!!! that is so sweeet!!! I took my whole family with me too for the last ultrasound. (I should post the pictures!) and everyone was thrilled to see the baby moving and hear the heartbeat> Isn't it wonderful and such a blessing. We still have to wait until my 20 wk ultra sound to be able to determine the sex of the baby. Oh I am so excited for you now that you can start on the name and the SHOPPING parts.

Hello Andrew, I would like you to meet Vince my husband who is already groaning at the fact that me too will be shopping soon :) . and have already started on small bits here and there shhhhhh

lurker in columbus said...

Congrats to you and your family, Christina!

You must be very happy.

Bekah said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! How fun for you!! I had a big old jaw drop with that news. I am so excited!! If you need someone to carry your shopping bags, call me. (Andrew's going to hit me, isn't he?)

Christina said...

Dina,

Yes, I think all husbands have the same reaction to the words "I'm going shopping." Their wallets start to scream!

And yes, you should post the pictures! I like looking at the ultrasound pics and trying to figure out what I'm seeing.

Christina said...

Thank you, "Lurker in Columbus"! I appreciate the congrats.

Feel free to lurk (or de-lurk) anytime.

Christina said...

Bekah,

I would absolutely love having you around to shop with. You wouldn't even have to carry the bags!

And Andrew wouldn't hit you...he might start mentally swearing, but no hitting. And I'm quite certain it wouldn't be at you either way.

I am told that my sister has already started shopping...which means this little guy will have a plentiful wardrobe.

If you ever need an outlet shopping day and feel like traveling north, let me know. I really want/need to go once the weather gets better and the more the merrier.

Bekah said...

Let's plan on it then. I have some vacation days left. :) And this time I will not spend the night and sleep until noon. (still turning red about that.)

SkyePuppy said...

People have shown me their early ultrasound pics, and they always looked more like they were pregnant with a bug. But yours don't look that bad.

Still, when I'm tired, I'm willing to take your word for what all the parts are.

Congratulations on having a (blue) direction for your shopping fun!

Christina said...

Bekah,

I'm hoping to wait until at least April/May to go so that the weather will hopefully be nicer.

However, if I wait much longer than May...well, I probably won't want to be walking around all day!

So, give it some thought and let me know if any particular time would work for you.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

Thanks for the congrats.

I happen to agree about the ultrasound images. These aren't bad, but still, I've seen some that are so detailed that need no explanation and I always wonder why none of mine look like that! These are better than the couple that I have of Emily, though, so I won't complain.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Awesome! Just like us! Big girl and little brother! LOL Congrats!

And, apparently you have to name him "Vinny" because that my word verification word right now!