The Right Perspective

Friday, March 20, 2009

For My Mom and Sister...Baby Clothes

Well, obviously, the shopping has begun! No, I did not buy all this in one day. I believe I only paid full price for one item (and it was too cute to pass up) and most was buy one, get one half off or 30-60% off.

Of course, I realize that I don't need to defend my purchases, but in all fairness, when Andrew sees this, I don't want him to explode! (He knows about the bulk of it anyhow.) Besides, the little name-less one has to have clothes.

I didn't take pictures of all of Emily's clothes as they were being purchased, but since my mom and sister like to get their baby shopping "fix" as well, the only way to avoid duplication on a grand scale (great minds do think...and shop alike...just ask my dear husband who once received 3 of the exact same shirt for his b-day!) I am taking pictures of my purchases since that is much easier than describing it over the phone.


The first set is all my "Carter's stuff". I'm trying to hold out on those basics until I can get to the outlets. Everything here is a puppy theme, including the onsies (which are size 0-3 mo). (I have two sets of the pants, in 0-3 mo. and 3-6 mo. since a store was going out of business and they were cheap.)


Next is my "Random brands" clothing. The little sleeper on the bottom is a "Little Me" brand from Macy's. The first outfit on the left is also from Macy's. The middle outfit came from Babies r Us and the set on the right came from TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

And finally...my Gymboree collection. The summery fish shorts/overalls/t-shirt are 0-3 mo. size. The rest (I believe) is more for fall and is 3-6 mo. size (or the next size up from newborn, however it is sized.) I don't generally buy way ahead, since I learned quickly with Amazon woman Emily that it's hard to guess what size a baby will be, but since the fall stuff was dirt cheap (less than $6 for each piece, I believe...I couldn't pass it up.) The chocolate brown striped fleece in the upper right-hand corner is a zippered hoodie jacket, in case you can't tell.
So there you have it, other than a couple generic gender-neutral onsies I've found along the way.
I think I need to find some things that aren't just blue and brown though. I have a lot of that so far.


10 comments:

Bekah said...

Okay I'm totally lurking on a post that isn't for me - but I LOVE BABY BOY CLOTHES!!!!!!!! I always wanted boys so I could put them in cute outfits. Second picture down -middle outfit - THAT is my favorite. I love it when my friends who have boys buy the little fake ties and vests and stuff - OH so cute.

Dina said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! I love shopping for baby's clothes. I have already started a little but since I do not know the sex of the baby yet I am keeping neutral. Monday I have my gynae appointment and am hoping she can tell me now !! :)

Christina said...

Bekah,

This post isn't just for the Family. But since they've been itching to buy some clothes...this is the best way to "show and tell". You are always welcome!

And by the way, I think the little outfit you like (with the overalls and navy polo shirt/hat) is my favorite too. That was the only one I paid full price for, although the hat was half-off.

Christina said...

Dina,

This is the fun part...after all the icky morning sickness and before the crying and dirty diapers.

Good luck at your appt. on Monday. I hope you are able to find out the gender then...it's hard to wait.

Malott said...

Which outfit did you pay full price for because it was too cute?

janice said...

I totally love the overall shorts outfit in the second pic, the one with the sailboat on the bib. Oh so cute!

Excellent choices, you have very good taste, Christina.

I love little boy clothes too!

Christina said...

Chris,

The outfit I did pay full-price for was in the second picture, the plaid overalls with the navy polo shirt and hat.

However, I sense that much like with Andrew, I am being mocked!

Christina said...

Janice,

Why thank you!

I like the sailboat outfit also...it was just sweet...but Andrew was worried that this one would "sissify" the Nameless One.

Malott said...

C,

That's the outfit which would have been my guess.

I think it's important that, with all the excitement, we are considerate of the feelings of your first-born... Or "Old News" as I intend to start calling her.

janice said...

Bekah, once again you and I have picked the same favorite outfit....

This is getting weird...