The Right Perspective

Friday, May 25, 2007

Seven Years

This Sunday, May 27th, marks my seventh wedding anniversary to a man I would marry all over again.

I read once that the average marriage lasts only seven years. Seven short years. Married life has just begun at seven years. You've had a few years together as a couple, you might have a child or two and you're just beginning to get into the meaty part of life and marriage...the ups and downs, the struggles and joys, the challenges and victories.

And yet, so many give up so soon. There are a lot of reasons why, some good and some bad, but the end result is the same...a lot of broken marriages and broken hurting people.

I'm one of the blessed ones. I was picky and married a man who was Godly and gentle and loving and selfless and kind and funny and thoughtful and better than I deserved. The first seven years have flown by and yet I feel like I've known him all my life, like he's been a part of life since the very beginning...and in a way he has. I know God had him in mind for me before I was even born (Andrew is a few years older than me, after all!) We were made for each other and when we finally found each other, through a blind date of all things, we knew we had found, quite literally, our better half.

And so on Sunday, we will once again remember and honor those vows that we took and meant and were determined to live by...to love, honor, obey and cherish each other, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, for richer or poorer as long as we both shall live.

I meant it then and I still mean it, perhaps even more, today. Happy Seventh Anniversary, Andrew! I love you!

Photos: Pictures of pictures by Theis photography

4 comments:

janice said...

Happy anniversary Andrew & Christina.

May our Lord bless you with many, many more.

Enjoy!

SkyePuppy said...

I can't see!!! (tears in my eyes)

What a beautiful post, and what beautiful pictures.

Have a wonderful anniversary!

Bekah said...

I was thinking of you so many times today as I sat with Liam during a wedding - his Mom, Dad, and sister were all IN the wedding, so I was the designated baby watcher. I remembered this weekend 7 years ago and how excited I was for the two of you!

Thanks for letting me be part of that special day and for being a good example of the kind of couple that stays together!!

I'm sorry I missed your call - I was at the wedding. I'll be home Sunday and Monday if you want to catch up! Miss you!

Malott said...

Beautifully put.

You and Andrew really do deserve each other... And I mean that in the very nicest way.