The Right Perspective

Thursday, May 17, 2007

American Idol Gets it WRONG!!


Warning!!! If you watch American Idol and somehow missed last night, this is a spoiler....














Okay, with the warning out of the way, I have to break down and post about American Idol. I usually avoid blogging about tv shows, but I am a fan of American Idol and have been since the Clay Aiken/Ruben Studdard year. I'm a musician...I can't help it.

That being said, I may have to stop watching after this season. Almost never does the American public get it right. Usually the second or third place contestant ends up being more famous than the winner (except in Carrie Underwood's case, and that's saying a lot, as I can't stand country music!) This season may be the most egregious voting by the American public ever. The final three were most deserving...Blake, Jordin and Melinda. I liked them all. Blake wasn't really my style, but what he did, he did well. Jordin is amazing, especially since she's only 17. She will go on to have a great career. I can definitely see her doing Disney voices or something like that.

And then there was Melinda. She was flawless, even in Simon's eyes. She was my pick for the winner from the day she auditioned. The former back-up singer is the real deal. She sounds a lot like a young Aretha Franklin or Gladys Knight. She is phenomenal and probably by far the most versatile, talented, polished and consistent performer American Idol has ever seen.

Last night, Melinda was voted off, leaving Blake and Jordin in the final two. It just isn't right. Blake thought he was leaving. He should have left. It should have been Jordin and Melinda, but it isn't and I am sorely disappointed. My only consolation is that someone WILL sign Melinda Dolittle and soon. She's that good and she has obviously worked hard for the opportunity to be the one in the spotlight.

I suppose I'll still watch the finale, but it just won't be the same. Now I just hope that Jordin wins. She's earned the top spot. Come on America...get it right this time.


2 comments:

Bekah said...

Amen sister! I couldn't BELIEVE it when I saw it last night. I had a sinking feeling this might happen, though. Things had been going too well for too long.

Bekah said...

Hey Missy! It's me again - since you tagged me once, I'm tagging you back. :) It's a different tag, though. Details are over on my page!