The Right Perspective

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

10 Things That Must Get Done in May

I'm finding it hard to believe that we are now in the fifth month of 2007. How did that happen? Where did at least 2 of those months go? Anyone else feel like the year is slipping by?

So I've decided that May is "Get Things Done" month. And now, drumroll please....my top 10 things to get done in May:

1. Paint!! I need to finish painting the master bathroom (it's been partially painted for a year or so now...don't ask) and paint Emily's bathroom. There are other rooms I'd like to tackle, but they would require an Emily-free weekend.

2. Clean out closets. I've done some re-organizing in the kitchen and "found" extra cupboard space, so now it's time for the closets. I need to get rid of lots of clothes and just get things better organized in general.

3. Clean out the basement. Basically, it's a huge third-floor unfinished laundry/storage space. Since it isn't scheduled to be finished anytime soon...it needs to get cleaned. Most of the boxes down there are half-empty and full of junk and have been untouched for the last 3 years begging the question, "Do we really need this stuff?" I'm ready to say "NO!". We need some big storage containers and shelving or something...but first there must be fumigation of all living bugs and spiders. (That's why most of the stuff has been untouched for 3 years!)

4. Visit the BMV. Yes, it's time to visit the armpit of society, the bureau of motor vehicles. Why is it that I feel as though I am risking my life when I go there? And could the people that work there please be just a little more helpful? We have to claim the title to a car and then renew both registrations before May 15th. Fun stuff!

5. Buy and install a new refrigerator. Enough said.

6. Weed and work in the flower beds. Must this really be done every year? Can flower beds be fumigated too? UGH!

7. Visit preschools in an attempt to find one for Miss Emmy in the fall. I can see it now...dragging Emily kicking and screaming from the playing with all the other kids...

8. Get the pool up and running. Hopefully this year, we won't have to wait until the end of July to use it.

9. Start organizing the thousands of pictures of Emily and our wedding (not taken in the order!). Seriously, this could take a while...can I have more than a month, please?

10. Paint the garage door. Not a big deal, but it could definitely use a fresh coat of paint and right now, that sounds like the easiest task on the list!

Hmmmm.....I've got my work cut out for me. YIKES!!!!!!

Now, what about you? What are some things you have on your to-do list? Anyone want to share?

6 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Wow! Now, THAT'S ambition! *wink* Let's see - for the month of May? How 'bout - starting back on the Weight Watchers wagon, painting "Pojke's" room, and sewing my first project solo since my MIL taught me how to use her old sewing machine! LOL

Bekah said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bringing up the BMV. I totally forgot that I need to make a visit there myself...time for a new license...and I only have a few days left. Rats. I have to have a new picture too. And I so loved the old one. Maybe I'll plan my visit according to the hair day.

You can always crash at Bekah's scrapbookville for your picture organization extravaganza. Emily can taunt the cats. We can look at pictures.

Christina said...

Beth,

Ambition or foolishness? That's still to be decided. I've probably bitten off WAY more than I can chew, but even getting half of that list done would be an accomplishment, especially since it all needs to be done.

Sounds like you have some pretty ambitious plans yourself. What color are you painting your little guy's room?

Let's hope we both get more done than we plan!

Christina said...

Bekah,

You're quite welcome. We here at "The Right Perspective" like to do our part to help Bekah remember the essential things in life!

Here's to hoping your new picture is even better. (That can happen, right? I mean, it's never happened to me....but there's always hope...)

I'd love to crash at Bekah's house of scrapbooking and kitties. Emily would love taunting (or "loving") your cats and I'd enjoy just chatting away. Maybe someday....

Bekah said...

I think the staff over at Malott's blog has influenced you into now being "we here at the Right Perspective." :D

She can love away on the cats all she wants - but they know about people under 4 feet tall and they usually run. So taunting is really the way to go. That's what they have come to expect.

SkyePuppy said...

I have over 10 things that must get done TODAY. Aaargh!!!