The Right Perspective

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Update on Our Crazy Little Life

This post is going to be a bit of a hodge-podge of topics, so please bear with me.
This first picture is from "Big Fun Friday Night" two weeks ago. (Last week we had big fun cleaning the house for Grandma and Grandpa!) Daddy took his "girls" out to buy a new lawnmower (self-propelled this time), out to dinner and then bowling. This was Emily's first time bowling. I think we started too late, because she only lasted about 3 frames before she was pretty much done.
The following picture is of our scores. Emily bowled a respectable 77, I bowled a pitiful 104 (I used to be good, but it's been 3+ years...) and Daddy won with 132.

And now in other news...Below is a picture of our pool and deck. And a duck. I found this guy swimming in our pool last Friday evening. I thought it was kind of funny, so of course, I took a picture and planned to post it on my blog.

And then, the next morning...there were two! A male and a female, just hanging out on the pool deck for hours. I can just imagine the conversation the night before:

male duck: Hey honey, I found a great new place for us to live...the water's clear and there's even carpeting! Now, there aren't any fish, but I think we can make do on bugs....

female duck: Oh it's perfect! I love how my feet look under this nice clear water and the carpet will be perfect for out little ducklings to practice their waddling.

We're pretty sure they tried to make a nest under one end of the pool deck (pretty smart if you ask me) but so far, no eggs. Emily is quite thrilled, as you might imagine. So far, they've made an appearance every day except today...so we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Wait a minute! She bowled a SEVENTY-SEVEN?! And, I don't see bumpers in that pic! Crazy! You may have a natural there! LOL She can support you in your old age by going on the ladies' bowling tour! *wink*