The Right Perspective

Thursday, March 30, 2006

What I Want in a Leader

I'm looking for someone to lead my country. Here are some things I expect in that leader:

I want a leader who has a strong faith in God. I want the person who leads my country to have a moral foundation in a God much more wise and powerful than any man. I want that leader to let his faith guide and direct his actions and decisions rather than deciding for himself what is right and wrong.

I want a leader who loves and respects my country. I want my leader to have an enthusiastic, unapologetic love for America and a deep respect for all that it stands for. This leader must truly understand the basis upon which America was founded and the reasons why it is so unique. I want my leader to ensure that my country, my America, stays that way. I want him to understand that America is great because of what it stands for and how it differs from other countries, rather than try to make it a carbon copy of some other place.

I want a leader who will protect my country, my faith and my family. I want a leader who is absolutely determined to do whatever it takes to keep evil out of America, whether that evil comes in the form of terrorism, tyranny, or moral relativism. I want my leader to make America safer for my daughter than it is for me. This leader will do whatever is necessary to help ensure that America remains a place where freedom of religion and speech and all of our other God-given rights are protected from any evil influence, because without those rights, this will no longer be the America I love.

I want a leader who believes in the intrinsic worth of every human being. I want my leader to know without a doubt that every single life is of an immeasurable worth to it's Creator and that the only one who has the right to decide who should live and die is that same Creator.

I want a leader who leads. I want a leader who understands that in order to lead, you must take a stand. I want a leader who knows what he believes, why what he believes is important and the necessity of standing by his beliefs even when those beliefs are not popular - especially when they are not popular. I want my leader to lead by example. I expect his actions, both in and out of office to be those of a man of character and dignity.

Finally, I want a leader who will do what he says. I want a leader who understands that he was elected because he made certain promises to his constituents. I want his words to mean something. I want him to say what he means and mean what he says...and then act on those words. That is his duty to those of us whom he represents.

This is what I want in a leader. It's a tall order, but it's not impossible. May God provide just such a leader for this great nation. We could really use one.

1 comment:

Bryan Alexander said...

Christina,

Great Post! I wish I had written this. Have you thought about sending this to The American Thinker? I have sent them four of my posts over the past year, and they have published two of them. This post needs to be read by a wide audience.