The Right Perspective

Monday, March 27, 2006

Hillary Clinton: Too much "sexual power"?



Apparently there is more to Hillary Clinton than meets the eye.

An article at baltimoresun.com http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/lifestyle/bal-to.liz27mar27,0,7309233.story?coll=bal-artslife-today
reported comments made by Sharon Stone regarding Mrs. Clinton and her 2008 presidential bid.

Stone remarks "I think Hillary Clinton is fantastic. But I think it is too soon for her to run. This may sound odd, but a woman should be past her sexuality when she runs. Hillary still has sexual power and I don't think people will accept that. It's too threatening."

Hmmm...I wonder if Bill was "threatened" by Hillary's "sexual power"? It might explain a lot of things. It might also explain why Margaret Thatcher was so successful.


6 comments:

Malott said...

I think I understand what Sharon Stone was saying... maybe. But I don't think sexuality is Hillary's problem.

Condoleeza Rice is not "past her sexuality" and yet there is nothing threatening about her. She is very likable and she exudes competence.

Hillary Clinton is manipulative, angry, and very unlikable. And a few more birthdays aren't going to change that.

SkyePuppy said...

Hillary and "sexual power" in the same sentence?

Eeeewwww!!!!

Christina said...

Chris,

I do actually understand what Stone was trying to say, and for once, she sort of had a point. I just think her point would have been much better made with someone other than Hillary.

Hillary strikes me as quite harsh and bitter (I would say she probably has at least one valid reason), but I don't think it's her "sexuality" that is the issue. I actually think it's just the opposite...she tries too hard to be just like the men. My guess is that is more intimidating (and unlikeable) than her sexuality.

Condi is a good example of where Stone gets it wrong. She really is the Anti-Hillary.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

I know how you feel. I had that same "eeeewwww" feeling and expression the whole time I was posting.

The Beautifulmind said...

Hi there,

Just want to let you know someone from Kuala Lumpur read your blog.

cheers,
:)

Christina said...

the beautifulmind,

Thanks for your visit. The internet is truly an amazing place when people from halfway around the world can communicate with one another.

Glad to be visited from Kuala Lumpur!