The Right Perspective

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hostages "Released"?


I cannot imagine being held hostage by a group of terrorists, who proceed to torture and murder one of my friends, get RESCUED by a group of courageous men and women who risked their lives for mine, and then take my story to the world, crediting everyone and anyone except my liberators.

Yet this is precisely what the Christian Peacemaker Team did after being rescued in a daring military raid early Thursday morning. This came after Coalition troops captured two men Wednesday night, one of whom provided detailed information on the whereabouts of the hostages, who had been held since November 26, 2005. The raid was planned and carried out, without a single shot fired, less than 8 hours later, resulting in the rescue of the three remaining hostages. The Christian Peacemaker Team proceeded to give credit in public statements to everyone except the America/Coalition military forces that actually rescued them.

Interestingly enough, the Christian Peacemakers Team has been in Iraq since late 2002 with the goal of investigating claims of Iraqi prisoner abuse at the hands of coalition (read “American”) forces. They say they want peace. They blame American troops for the violence in Iraq (read “their kidnapping”) and they want American troops to go home.

Maybe they should have gone home. Maybe the American troops shouldn’t have bothered capturing and interrogating (read “torturing” in liberal-speak) any suspected terrorists like the men that led coalition forces to the place where the hostages were eventually found and rescued. Maybe then, things would have been peaceful. Maybe the Muslim terrorists who kidnapped, tortured and murdered American Tom Fox (of the same group) would have decided out of their abundant good will to simply let the remaining hostages go free to preach peace elsewhere. Or maybe, just maybe, they would have gotten tired of the hostages and lopped off their heads. Who knows?

What an ungrateful, stupid, arrogant group of people...I am embarrassed that they chose to use the word "Christian" in their name.


I am equally mad however, about the news coverage. Most of the headlines read something like "Christian hostages RELEASED" and go on to use the words "Freed" and "released" throughout the piece. Okay, in order to be "freed" in the sense that I know it had to have been intended, the Muslim terrorists would have had to let the hostages go. That isn't what happened and it's a direct attempt by the media to downplay a good deed and a positive story that involves the American military. Why do our own countrymen (and I use the term loosely) hate the good that America does? Why do they just sort of skim over and give a pass to the TERRORISTS who kidnap, torture and murder innocent Americans? Apparently I'm stupid, because I just don't understand that mentality.

5 comments:

Malott said...

Great post.

I know that anger is such a negative waste of emotion and energy, but when I heard about this story today I was absolutely furious. I had to get up out of my chair and start pacing... that's how mad I was.

Like you, it bothers me that they use the name Christian. You just know that these are the same "Christians" that support abortion rights, gay marriage, and every other left-wing social issue out there.

But I'm feeling better now knowing that this group will be skewered in the conservative media. And oh, don't they have it coming!

SkyePuppy said...

Even after having endured months of captivity and mistreatment at the hands of the people they intended to help, and after one of their own is killed and dumped, these "Peacemakers" still believe that America's "occupation" of Iraq is the root cause of all the problems in the Middle East.

Unbelievable.

Great post, Christina.

Christina said...

Chris,

Thanks for visiting. I'm sure that I'll be emailing you and begging for technical help from time to time, but hey, you asked for it (this blog, that is).

I agree that anger is a waste of time for the most part, but occasionally it is a great motivator for change. I hope that's what this can be at least in regards to the mainstream media.

Skypuppy,

I think that what is most amazing about this story is that those who have stared at the face of evil and hate, still don't recognize the real threat. It just shows how truly blind a lot of people are.

Thanks to both of you for your visit and comments.

Bryan Alexander said...

Christina,
I think everyone on the right has been angered by the comments of this group. I don't think I've ever seen a better example of the blindness to reality which those on the left suffer than the example seen in this story. It's unbelievable!

By the way, welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to reading your posts.

Christina said...

Bryan,

Thanks for your comments and your visit. I always look forward to reading your blog and I hope you will find this one worthwhile as well.

I agree. The liberals in this country are utterly blind to the real evil and threats that we face. They prove it more and more each day.