The Right Perspective

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Vote Here!!!

I had a regular appointment with my OB this morning. I am a day shy of 21 weeks pregnant and officially over the half-way mark. Overall, I feel pretty good, although I do currently have a cold.

My blood pressure is great, everything looks good with me in general, I still haven't gained any weight and am actually down about 6 pounds from where I started (which really means that I have probably lost more than that, but the baby is gaining weight) and best of all, the heartbeat is nice and strong.

At this point, the baby is about 7 inches long (maybe longer if it's anything like Emily!) and weighs about 10-12 oz. Basically, the baby is roughly the size of a 12 oz. coke bottle or a banana. Fun stuff!

I can't ask for anything more.

*************************************************************************************
I have a ton on my mind regarding current events and the direction in which Pres. Obama is forcing our country to go, but in an effort to remain positive I thought I'd run a little poll here that has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

On March 10th, I have an ultrasound scheduled to find out the gender of this baby (and to check out all the major organs and systems). So just for fun, let's have your predictions on whether Miss Emily will be getting a brother or sister.

For the record, I have no idea and no gut feeling either way. I was wrong with Emily, so I don't have a good track record on guessing. Andrew doesn't have a leaning either way. Emily is convinced it's a "sister".

What do you think?

9 comments:

Bekah said...

I'm going to vote boy - just because your pregnancy has been so different than the last one. Don't you like my scientific approach?

SkyePuppy said...

I want it to be a boy, but I vote girl, because I hear girls make you sicker than boys do. So the new one should be girlier than Miss Em.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

See, I've heard that girls make you sicker too...but I have to say that I was never sick with Miss Em...so I don't know.

Bekah,

My initial thoughts were boy too...for that very reason. Yet I find myself drawn to all things girl.

I have no clue!

Malott said...

C,

God is making you suffer with this child because He is about to bless you with something really special... By definition, a boy.

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

Snort!

janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janice said...

I'll go with the majority and vote boy.

Christina, do you have names picked out yet?

Dina said...

mmm you say you find yourself drawn to everything girl right??? so that means that you have some sort of feeling :) I vote girl.

Christina said...

Well, so far the tally is

3 for boy
2 for girl

And me...I'm still totally undecided!

Only 8 more days until we find out!

And Janice,

We don't have any definite names picked out yet. We're really struggling this time. I'm hoping that once we narrow this down to one gender, then we can really pick a name.