The Right Perspective

Monday, February 16, 2009

Snakes in Walmart



A Ft. Lauderdale, FL. man was in Walmart, going about his normal shopping routine, when he claims he was bit by a pygmy rattlesnake. He is now suing Walmart for negligence since he was the third person to be bit by a snake in Walmart. The man has lingering respiratory problems and scars, but he still shops there because the prices are lower than anywhere else.

Now, understand, I am a shopper. I visit Walmart (and Target and Meijer...) more often than I should. I usually grocery shop in Walmart. I am there at least 1-2 times a week (mainly because I can never remember everything at once, even with lists).

That being said, if I knew that there were rattlesnakes in my Walmart, and if I had been the victim of one of these snakes, there is NO WAY I'd be back in that store. NO WAY! I might visit one in another town, but not the same one, ever again. Once bitten, twice shy...yeah that would be me.

So as I was telling that darling husband of mine about this last night, he got a sly grin on his face and said, "So, you're telling me that all I have to do is release some snakes into your favorite retail stores and that would stop you from shopping?"

Yeah, he's a keeper!

3 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

I hope that guy loses his lawsuit. There are probably rattlesnakes everywhere in his town, some that even come into his back yard. People in snake country need to be careful all the time. Even in Wal-Mart.

Bekah said...

okay now i'm totally creeped out!!! i wouldn't have to worry about shopping again because i'd be dead of a heart attack.

And as for Andrew's comment.....ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dina said...

Oh my!!

I guess my husband would shake your husband's hands and tell him 'Nice one my friend'.