The Right Perspective

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Kerry Insults Military and Disgraces Himself (Again)

John Kerry once again proved himself to be yet another anti-Bush, anti-Republican, anti-military lackey who has stepped way over the line with his statements.

In an address given to students at Pasadena City College (while stumping for California Democrat, Phil Angelides), Kerry said, " You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq...". One report states that Kerry's comments were met with cheers and gasps.

In response to Kerry's comments, President Bush said that Kerry owed the entire U.S. military (of which Kerry repeatedly boasted being a part of during his 2004 presidential campaign) and apology. Said Bush, "The senator's suggestion that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and shameful. The members of the United States military are plenty smart and they are plenty brave, and the senator from Massachusetts owes them an apology...Whatever party you're in in America, our troops deserve the full support of our government."

So Kerry stepped in it big-time, once again. But did he have the grace to apologize and stop the damage there? Oh no, he most certainly didn't.

Throughout the rest of the day, Kerry responded to President Bush's remarks with increasinly hostile words. Kerry said, "I am sick and tired of a bunch of despicable Republicans who will not take responsibility for their own mistakes...Enough is enough. We are not going to stand for this. ... The American people are going to take this to the polls next Tuesday."

Of course, Kerry did try (poorly) to cover his rear end by saying that he was making a joke about the Bush administration. He said, "If anyone thinks that a veteran, someone like me, who's been fighting my entire career to provide for veterans, to fight for their benefits, to help honor what their service is, if anybody thinks that a veteran would somehow criticize more than 140,000 troops serving in Iraq and not the president and his people who put them there, they're crazy,".

Well, call me crazy (and I'm sure you would if given the chance), Sen. Kerry, but I'm pretty darn certain that you insulted the military with your statement because you called them uneducated and lazy, with no other options. What about that is complimentary, might I ask?

Then Kerry got really, really ugly (and that's saying something!). Kerry said, "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did...I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me."

Well Sen. Kerry, you disgust me.

Quotes taken from Fox News.

5 comments:

Malott said...

I believe that Kerry's view of war, as with most Dems, is based on memories of Vietnam.

His supposed "quip gone awry" reflects this - in that back in the 60's, if you didn't go to college and make good grades, you were drafted into the service.

The Dems still see our servicemen as poor dumb-butts who aren't smart or clever enough to do anything else.

Why else would they choose to serve their country?

Great post, Ms. C... "Disgust" is the perfect word for my feelings, too.

janice said...

You nailed Christina.
Disgust is the perfect word for the entire issue.

Anonymous said...

You're all gonna hate me for this

SkyePuppy said...

Jacob,

You're right! All of a sudden, I hate you. No, wait. How can I hate someone who quotes someone who considers Kerry "generally cretinous"? Can't do it.

As for the Bush/military/moron thing, well, you're still young and foolish...

Christina said...

Jacob,

Nope, I don't hate you. I try to make it a habit not to feel that way about anyone. I do however completely disagree with you. In fact, I daresay we will agree on very little in life, but that's okay.

For the record, I don't believe that President Bush is a moron. There is much more to intelligence that book learning and great public speaking ability. Intelligence is measured in many ways in our society, and it usually does not focus on a person's public speaking ability or grades in college.

I don't care about my president's ability to speak eloquently. I don't care if my president got mediocre grades in school. What matters to me is his ability to lead the country through good and bad times, his ability to get things done and most of all his character. I'll place my trust in a man of good moral character long before I trust an "educated" well-spoken one.

Just my opinion.