The Right Perspective

Friday, October 20, 2006

Go Cardinals!!! and Colts!




Okay, I guess I have to admit it. I'm becoming, thanks to my husband and in-laws' influence, a sports fan. I was sitting in my house last night, alone with full control of the t.v. remote and what did I watch? Game 7 of the Nlcs between the Mets (Boo) and the Cardinals (yay!). Why did I choose to watch baseball? I really don't know. I had every intention of watching whatever I wanted while Andrew was in Washington, but I watched baseball until midnight. What is wrong with me?

We're leaving tonight (hopefully) to drop Miss Emily off with Grandma and Grandpa (or Pa) as he is becoming affectionately known, so that Andrew and I can get away from "the Em-inator" for the weekend. It's partly an early birthday gift from Andrew to me, but also just a much-needed get-away. While I'm sure we'll shop some (Circle Center mall in Indy is always interesting, we're also going to a Colt's football game. We have our Colt's jerseys ready (mine is Marvin Harrison and Andrew will be sporting Peytonand I'm probably more excited about that than the shopping. Again...what's wrong with me?

So sorry Mets and Redskins fans....but GO Cardinals and Colts!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

janice said...

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip. I hope you enjoy the relaxation, and get in some shopping.

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

I did my post on the World Series, then popped over here to see what you're up to, and YOU'RE A CARDS FAN!!!

Your hubby and his family have done an excellent job with you.

Now if only we can get you to like dogs...

Christina said...

Janice,

Thanks for thinking of us. I will probable do mostly window shopping, but still it will be a nice change not to have to say, "Don't touch, Mommy said now, please sit down...."

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

You know, I wondered if you had seen my Cards post before yours or not. Now I know you're a classy lady! Enjoy watching the World Series...I hope they beat the Tigers mercilessly. It's about time.

As for the dogs...it's not that I don't like some of them. There was a dog named Butch that I loved once...but I think I'll always be more of a cat person.