The Right Perspective

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hey Democrats...I'm Not Stupid!

I have come to the conclusion that the Democratic party (particularly the ultra-liberal lefties and the media) think that Christian conservative Republicans must be stupid. Absolutely dumber than dirt, that is. After all, they apparently think that they can pull a bunch of "October surprises" out of their bag-o-tricks and fool me right into staying at home on election day...or better yet, voting a straight Democratic ticket. I mean, that has to be the way they are thinking here. They believe I'm a stupid idiot.

Well, here's a news flash: I will be casting my vote on November 7th, come hell or high water, so-to-speak. I would be voting anyhow, but these juvenile political tricks from the democrats have simply made me all the more determined to make certain that I vote and prove a point to the "party of completely wrong and bad ideas".

You see, trotting out Mark Foley as the poster boy for the Republican party just doesn't work for me. Foley is a disgusting example of corruption, but then again, so was Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy and Gerry Studds and so many, many other career politicians. Evil and corruption know no party affiliation. There are plenty of bad people who do bad things who vote Democrat at the ballot box, just as there are plenty of bad Republicans. Only a complete imbecile would believe that just because the democratic leadership found a "bad apple" in the republican House that the whole republican party is evil. But that is what the democrats want me to believe. It's what they believe I will believe, and that is what irritates the crud out of me. They think I'm an imbecile, because I am first and foremost a Christian (or a "religious extremist", meaning I actually try to practice what I preach and take a stand for right and wrong.)

Well guess what democrats? Yep, I'm a Christian. Yep I do care that those who are elected hold themselves to a high moral standard. I believe it matters. But I'm not stupid. My eyes are wide open. I see the agenda that the democrats have laid out. I see the plan the republicans have. Neither is perfect, but both have proven track records, and history has shown time and time again that a conservative approach to government is healthiest for the country and its citizens.

So, nice try (okay not really, it was actually pretty lame), but I'll still be voting Republican on Nov. 7th because I'm not nearly as dumb as you want me to be...but I have a sneaking suspicion that you're about to find that out the hard way.

2 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Of course they think you're a stupid idiot. After all, you were stupid enough to fall for all that anti-science Jesus / creation / heaven & hell mythology. Heck, you must be even dumber than a brick.

Stupid idiot people like you (and me, for that matter) need to be stopped from bringing their ignorant, uninformed prejudices into the voting booth, so the really smart people can run things the way they're supposed to--you know, those liberal people who are smart enough to believe that stupid idiot Christians would fall for their hypocritical posturing.

Great post!

Malott said...

The only thing that will keep conservatives, Christian or otherwise, at home on election day is their frustration with immigration policies.

But we don't hear about that, because it doesn't fit the MSM agenda.

They must stick with the Democrat talking points of Foley and Iraq.