The Right Perspective

Friday, July 21, 2006

Republican Governor Takes State From Deficit to Surplus

Bryan Alexander, over at his Right Thinking blog, posted on a topic that I had intended to write about as well. Since he did such a nice, and probably much more succinct job, I thought I would direct my readers to his post.

Bryan commented on Indiana's newest governor, Mitch Daniels (R-IN.) and his amazing efforts at taking Indiana from deficit to surplus in just a year and a half. Click here for the full story.

Though Daniels has taken a lot of heat for his economic plans from Democrats, I'd say the numers are pretty compelling and only stand to improve. The best part....no tax increases were needed. Show me a Democrat...any Democrat, who can accomplish that!

3 comments:

Malott said...

You never hear about Daniel's accomplishments. The average Hoosier only knows that he switched us to daylight savings time.

Christina said...

You are absolutely right, Chris. It's even worse here in northern IN. We get almost no news about Daniels unless it is negative. The only reason I heard about this is because I subscribe to a newsletter. Sad but true.

Bryan Alexander said...

Christina,

Thanks for the plug.

Just like the average Hoosier doesn't know much about Daniels' economic accomplishments, the average American citizen doesn't know how great the U.S. economy is right now.