The Right Perspective

Monday, July 31, 2006

Kayden's Update

This will be quick as I still don't have a lot of info, but for those who have been praying for Kayden (see previous posts), here is what I know as of Sunday.

Kayden is still in Milwaukee Children's Hospital. He has been sedated because vicodin (sp?) and Tylenol with codeine were not helping ease his pain at all. He apparently had pressure building in his brain, the cause of which is still being determined. He has had a spinal tap, which ruled out meningitis and encephalitis, so that's good, plus the pressure has been relieved a bit (no idea how or why), but apparently he is now also experiencing some blood issues (not coagulating properly) and he had a severe breathing issue last night. To my knowledge, the doctors are still trying to figure out what is causing his pain. His mom, dad, grandmother and grandfather are all with him, though dad and grandpa will probably be coming back home to work if Kayden can get stabilized enough.

So, that's all I know for now. I know that his family appreciates the prayers more than they can express. This little boy needs them about as much as anyone I've ever met.

No comments: