The Right Perspective

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Is It Time For Dinner Yet?

Well, it's 7 minutes 'till nine pm. I haven't eaten dinner. Andrew isn't home from work yet. I just spent almost 45 minutes trying to put a cranky, cold-ridden 22-month-old to bed (I think she's crying again...) and it's hotter than...well, you know where here, but the big pool in our backyard might as well be renamed "The Swamp". (We're hoping to get that electrical problem fixed tomorrow evening, but then again, I've thought we had everything fixed before, too...)

So I guess there's not much left to do but blog. Oh and have dinner, but those steak kabobs that have been marinating since 3:00 that Andrew was going to grill...well, at this point, they'll just be extra tender for tomorrow's dinner (I hope).

I'm not really sure what to blog on. There certainly is no lack of interesting world events and intriguing political punditry upon which I could comment these days, I just don't feel like doing the research on any of it. I think I'm just tired.

I was up half the night last night with bad thunderstorms (major lightning and hail) and I've been dealing with a rather clinging toddler today, so maybe that's it. Or maybe I'm just lazy. I've been trying to do something, anything, to improve the looks of the swimming pool, aka The Swamp. I've overdosed it with chlorine and dumped half a bottle of algaecide in it today in an attempt to kill anything that might be alive in there (I currently can't see the bottom.) Then I brushed the sides and the bottom with a big brush-on-a-pole, which made many muscles in my arms hurt...hey, it's harder than it sounds. All in all, though I've done more than that today, none of it is remarkable in the least and I'm worn out.

So, now Andrew is finally on his way home (give that hard-working loom tech some credit, "Malott") and I've placed a call to Applebees for some dinner. Carryout it is! I don't think I hear Emily fussing anymore (maybe the Dimetap finally kicked in) and other than straightening up the downstairs a little, I'm done for the night...I hope.

Ahhh...another completely useless blog from Christina...it's what we've all come to expect.

1 comment:

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

Nothing is useless. God uses it all. Sometimes, though, He uses to serve as an example: "Don't let this happen to you!"

But not this post. This one is a reminder of a time long, long ago when my kids were that little. There were so many days like this (without the pool).

One day, when my son was a toddler and my daughter was a brand-new baby, my son was in his high chair crying and my daughter was in her baby-holder (the kind with the handle that you carry around to the store, but back then you couldn't strap them in the car), and she was crying. And nobody ever told me which kid--the toddler or the infant--was more important to deal with when they're both crying. So I sat down at the bottom of the stairs and started crying.

Anyway, you've written a post that stirs memories and gives your readers the chance to tell you (which I'm sure you already know) that dinner eventually comes, and little girls get over their colds, and the lightning will stop, and days like this don't last forever.

I don't know what to tell you about the pool...