The Right Perspective

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Number 387

Well, I did my civic duty and voted this morning. I was vote number 387 in our polling place, and since I often vote around the same time of day for each election, I would say that the number is quite a bit higher than usual. I think I am typically only the 160th or so vote, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

I didn't really have to wait more than about 5 minutes and most of that was just the deaf poll workers trying to communicate with each other and find my name on the roster.

Sadly, I am virtually positive that my county will vote Democrat (as usual). Then they will continue to gripe and complain about unemployment and high taxes and gas prices and SOARING crime rates. You know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. But will it stop them? Not a chance.

Oh well, I did my part, I have prayed and cast my vote and now I will wait...and avoid the MSM for as long as humanly possible as they will lie and skew every poll and result that drifts in. I have a feeling it could be a long night.

For the record, the cashier at Walgreens predicts an Obama landslide. I (politely) told her I didn't think so. We'll see who is right.

5 comments:

Bekah said...

I wanna vote where you do. I'm jealous of your quick visit to the poll!

Malott said...

Dear #387,

No landslide.

Take heart. The last time we elected someone this bad... We threw him out four years later and elected the greatest president of the 20th century.

If McCain had won... We conservatives would still have lost. Now we can take our party and our country back.

Bekah said...

Christina - this has nothing to do with your post - but just fyi - I mailed you a lil box. DON'T OPEN IT until "the appointed day" arrives.

Christina said...

Bekah,

Sounds like you had quite the ordeal at the polls. I definitely think that mid-morning is the best time to go because only retirees, stay-at-home moms and people lucky enough to have the day off are there..and they have all day to fit it in.

And yes, I will keep an eye out for your package. Thanks in advance!

Christina said...

Chris,

I am looking forward and not back. MANY mistakes were made by the Republicans, namely, there were no true conservatives.

But tomorrow is another day.