The Right Perspective

Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's All Too Much

Well, there's just not enough time to opine on everything that is happening in the world right now. I've got plenty of opinions on plenty of subjects. Wordy, long-winded opinions, the kind my darling sweet husband might be accused of writing. But I won't do that to my readers (this time). Instead, I'm just going to do a quit hit-and-run post. So take a deep breath...here we go...

Hugo Chavez: He's a communist idiot who is having great fun being able to call the U.S. president, on U.S. soil, "the devil" and telling him, quite literally, that he stinks. Nice. In case you didn't know, as I didn't until this morning, Chavez owns Citgo Oil. I shall do my best to never ever use Citgo again. That'll be a good start to express how I feel about Chavez.

The U.N.: Simply put - the U.N. must go. The idea of allowing someone like Hugo Chavez to call the President of the U.S. "the devil...who smells of sulfur" while sitting in a multi-million dollar building in the U.S. is unbelieveably distasteful to me and millions of other tax-paying Americans. I no longer want any of my tax dollars to go for the support of the U.N. They are useless and they, for the most part, agree with Chavez' opinion of the U.S. and President Bush. So fine, let's just kick out the U.N. Let them find somewhere else to meet. Maybe Cuba would be a good place...or Iran.

NBC and pretty much any t.v. network: Trash, propaganda, anti-Christian in every way. NBC agreed to air Veggie Tales, a Christian cartoon with a Christian theme, then told the producer 2 weeks before it was to begin airing that all references to God and the theme Bible verse must be removed. Meanwhile, Madonna can wear a sparkly crown of thorns and "crucify" herself on a disco-ball cross with NBC's blessing and Rosie O'Donell can say that Christians are equally as bad as muslim terrorists with no regret on ABC. THEY'RE GARBAGE!!

The "Blame America First" crowd: Go join Chavez and Ahmadinejad and the anti-American U.N. in Cuba or Iran. See how you like it without America's support. Go with my blessing and good riddance, because if I hear one more person say that America brought this on ourselves, I think I'm going to explode.

Muslims and the Pope: I'll post more on this when I have a chance, but for now suffice it to say...if he was trying to prove a point, the pope could not have done a nicer job (and I'm not Catholic). Score one for the Pope. (I only wish President Bush had said it instead.)

And on a more personal note, little 2 year old
Kayden is in very bad shape, with his too-young life on the line. For those who pray, pray for peace, comfort, strength and healing (in many ways).

Some days, it's all just too much.

2 comments:

janice said...

Great "hit & run" job. Can't wait to hear your Pope post. I'm a Catholic turned Baptist Christian, and wish our prez would call the islamic spade a spade.

Malott said...

I've read this post on three separate days now - trying to figure out which story is most annoying.

I think it's going to be the Veggie Tales vs. Madonna thing. That's probably why as a Christian I am more of a threat to America than radical Islam.

Does Rosie read this blog?