The Right Perspective

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Life Too Short

A little over five years ago, I blogged about a little boy from our church named Kayden. He was born on September 12, 2004, just 3 days before Emily. He left the hospital on Sept. 14th and was back on the 15th, a very critically ill little baby. His grandma, who plays the piano with me at church, came to visit me while I was in the hospital with brand-new baby Emily. She freely cried as she told me about little Kayden, who at three days old was so ill.

Kayden has been in and out of hospitals, had more tests and procedures than most people will ever have in an entire lifetime and could not talk, walk or even hold his own head up. He has required 24 hour care for his entire life. Last month, we went to a big 5th birthday party for him at church, and it was bittersweet, knowing that the whole reason for the huge celebration was because he might not have another.

Today Kayden is with Jesus, running and laughing and playing and doing all the things he could never do here on earth. Today his family is heartbroken and yet they know that he is now whole. Today, I will hug my children a little bit longer and thank God for their lives and remember this family whose arms are suddenly empty.

If you will, please say a prayer for Kayden's family. They will see him again some day, but until then, their hearts are grieving.

1 comment:

Dina said...

OH my this is so sad :( prayers for his family xx