The Right Perspective

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!!

I do believe that May is the best month. I got engaged in May. I was married a year later in May. The weather is practically perfect. The flowers and trees are in bloom, the grass is green, the trees finally have leaves again and the temperatures (around here, in the mid 60's-low 70's) are what I believe God intended year round before Adam and Eve screwed up.
Above is the pink dogwood tree in the front yard.

Here are the tulips at one corner of the house. There were a couple of hyacinths, but they've already bloomed and died.


All along the sidewalk, the tulips that Emily and I planted last fall are finally in full bloom...as are the weeds. However, I'm in no condition (or mood) to weed at the moment, so you'll have to excuse them.



A few of these pink and white tulips just bloomed today. I think they might have been a special variety that helped support breast cancer research, but I can't remember for sure. They took almost 2 extra weeks to bloom, though.




The view out the front door.




1 comment:

SkyePuppy said...

Those aren't weeds. They're ground cover!

Beautiful pictures.

What May brought to my house last night for the first time this year (about 3 weeks early) is June bugs. Two of them greeted me by the door when I got home last night after dark. I left them outside. They usually show up a few days before June.

Hmmm... Global warming must be true...