The Right Perspective

Friday, May 29, 2009

Our Growing Cover Model

These are almost a month old now, but since they were part of a gift for her two grandmothers, I waited to post them.
Em and I went to a local state park and did a mini photo shoot to attempt to get something green and or colorful in our spring pictures. Everything was just beginning to bloom, but it was something.

All of these pictures (and a bunch more) went in photo albums/memory books from Hallmark. There were pages to write her favorite things about her Grandmas and a special place for her to record a short message. I think it was a hit!




Emily being a little silly...aka...herself.

I don't know why I like this picture exactly, I just do.




She got so close to this flower that all the pictures after this one show the pollen on her nose (which I couldn't see until I actually got the pictures back!)


In other, less cute news, I am finally feeling better. I still don't feel great, but maybe 75%, which is significant improvement. Only 3 more doses of antibiotics and two more days of wearing these (stupid), I mean, my glasses.
On the other hand, after a quick trip to the pediatrician yesterday, we discovered that Miss Emily has double ear infections, one quite bad, as a result of the chronic congestion she has from allergies. So she has just started her course of antibiotics which, after the Great Ear Infection from HE** which resulted in 5 days of torture (I mean, trying to force her to take liquid amoxicillin), ended with a shot of recephin antibiotic. This time, I asked for anything different and we ended up with a chewable form of amoxicillin.
I was picturing chewable tylenol size, but no....these things are the size of horse pills and she has to take 3 at a time, two times a day. The good news is that she doesn't seem to mind so far and she hasn't complained about her ears after the initial time that prompted the drs. visit.
So, now that all three of us have had a combined 5 antibiotics over the last month....do you think we might be able to get and stay healthy for a while? Oh how I hope so!!!!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

ADORABLE pictures....she's so photogenic. :) and i hope you ALL feel better soon. you have more than paid your dues this year.

SkyePuppy said...

I like your favorite the best too. That and the one with the flower on her nose. She's adorable!

All_I_Can_Stands said...

She's a cutie pie. My one regret in life is that I never had a daughter. I should have kept trying. Sigh.