The Right Perspective

Monday, April 07, 2008

Sick and Sicker

This will be quick. I'm no longer puking. That was a one-night thing, thank goodness. Now it's back to the same sinus infection/upper respiritory infection sickness that I had about 3 weeks ago. It feels exactly the same.

Last time, I suffered through the symptoms for about 9 days before going to the doctor to beg for help. He prescribed a round of Amoxicillin in the amount of 60 pills over 10 days time. I took it all, as directed and felt better. Then about two weeks later, it reared it's ugly head again.

This time, I went to the weekend clinic after two days of symptoms and explained that this was my second go-round. The doctor spent all of 2 minutes with me and prescribed some VERY expensive antibiotic called Avelox for 10 more days. I've taken two rounds and I still don't feel better. I'm also taking sudafed and mucinex, both of which make the symptoms more bearable, but barely. So that's the update from here. Fun stuff...

1 comment:

SkyePuppy said...

I sure hope the new meds do the trick! I'll keep you in my prayers.