The Right Perspective

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Cinderella Story

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful, cheerful young doll named Cinderella. We've all heard the story a thousand times. The dead parents, the evil step-mother, the ugly step-sisters, the fairy godmother and so on. Yet still, despite all these traumatic events, Cinderella remained kind and gentle, with a song on her lips. That is, until she met Bella, the young German Shepard with a thing for chewing toys....hers or Emily's. And so now, I present you with the Cinderella story you haven't heard. I must warn you, this is no fairy tale with a happy ending. Oh no, this is a grisly story of pain and suffering and callous indiference for the feelings of this happy little doll and a sweet, mostly innocent young girl. I have the pictures to prove it. You see, it all happened one Saturday afternoon when the whole house was quiet. These times are rare and so whenever Emily is napping on a weekend, so are her parents. And it is then that the dastardly deed was done. Poor Cinderella was left laying on the floor, and while everyone was soundly sleeping, Bella, the beastly dog began her nightmarish treatment of the fair doll. Bella worked quietly, and to her credit, Cinderella made not a peep, but alas, she would never be the same again. And now, I give you the pictures - WARNING- they are graphic!
Poor Cinderella. She really was beside herself that day, yet still, wearing her ballgown and not a hair out of place. A real princess.

The carnage, up close.


Despite the obvious loss of four fingers, a forearm and complete dismemberment, Cinderella still gives us a brave and cheery "thumbs up".


The mangled stump...this will definitely make her chores much more difficult.


Yet still, despite the horror and trauma, Cinderella maintains her lovely smile. What a gal!

4 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Oh my goodness!

My dad would have had a great time with this one. He used to work with a woman who collected Barbies--in pristine condition, of course. So my dad would mention to her that my sister and I played with our Barbies, and he'd watch her cringe at the thought of the dirt and the trimmed-crookedly ponytail (that was mine). Oh, what that woman would have gone through at the thought of dismemberment!

A sad tale. A cautionary tale. The Beast never sleeps...

Does Bella have her own chew toys?

Christina said...

Yes, your dad's friend would have definitely cringed at my own Barbies, whose hair fell prey to my younger sister and the scissors.

But this atrocity...this might have sent her over the edge.

And yes, Bella has her own toys. And my shoes...and some of Em's stuffed animals...and one of my baskets....

The world is her oyster.

janice said...

Oh my, that sure was graphic. I may never sleep soundly again.

Malott said...

Dogs are almost never the instigators of such carnage... I suspect either the doll was asking for it... Or it is somehow the cats' fault.