The Right Perspective

Friday, September 28, 2007

Trying to Laugh Instead of Cry

I'm thinking about having some t-shirts made. There will be two in adult sizes and one in a child's size.

The adult shirts will say: I Survived Hurricane Emily!

The child's size will say: Hurricane Emily

So, I told Andrew that I was thinking about this, because sometimes you have to do something to laugh or you'll just end up crying, but he pointed out that we haven't actually survived yet. Hmmmm....

That about sums it up. We're in the process of surviving a massive storm of wills. I bought "The New Strong-Willed Child" by Dobson, and read about 50 pages last night. So far, I'm just discouraged that this seemingly never-ending series of battles truly will never end, but I'm trying to stay positive.

But I'm serious about the t-shirts....

4 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

I love the T-shirt idea. But what do you do with them when she gets old enough to read?

janice said...

The T-shirts sound like a great idea.

Stay positive, things will get better.

How has pre-school been going?

Bekah said...

I love it. That's my Christina - finding a light in a battle of wills. I'll take a shirt that says "I know the survivors of hurricane Emily."

Malott said...

I do not doubt a single word you've written.

But I must testify to the fact that every time I've spent time with this child she has been an angel... Well mannered...Practically perfect.

I used to babysit a little girl that was an angel... Until she returned to her Mom.

Why is that?

Anyway, Miss Em is lucky to have such a classy, loving woman as a mom... I hope you don't forget that.