The Right Perspective

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mid-Election Day Update

Well, my part in the election process is now complete. As of 11:45, I cast the 345th vote in my voting precint. Andrew cast his much earlier. Emily helped me...sort of.

So far today, I have received two phone messages reminding me to vote today, one before I left home and one while I was out voting and grocery shopping. I will be keeping count of how many more I receive. I expect more, if the pattern of calls leading up to the election are any indication. I have also been invited to watch the election results in person with Congressman Chocola (R.-IN.) I won't be there, but it was nice to be invited.

In non-local election news, ACORN (Association of Community Organizations For Reform Now) or as I prefer to think of them, the "Voter Fraud Nuts", are once again in deep doo-doo. In their most recently detected scheme, ACORN is accused of fraudulently registering thousands of voters in Delaware County, PA. But this is nothing new for ACORN. Take a look at their record, according to this report, filed today by
Terrence Scanlon of The Examiner:

"Last Thursday a federal grand jury in Kansas City indicted four persons working for the group Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, accusing them of submitting more than 15,000 voter registration forms with fictitious names, phony signatures and bogus addresses."

Scanlon continues writing about the many fraudulent activities associated with ACORN:

"For instance, The Wall Street Journal reported that an Ohio ACORN worker was given crack cocaine in exchange for fraudulent voter registration cards. Many of the newly registered voters were deceased, underage or were named Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy or Jive Turkey....
In Minnesota, authorities founds hundreds of voter registration cards in the trunk of a car owned by a former ACORN worker suspected of registering voters twice so he could double his fees...

In Colorado, one woman admitted to a local television station that she was forging names on voter registration cards in order to help her now-convicted boyfriend collect a $50 bounty for newly registered voters. These incidents were widely reported in the 2004 presidential campaign."

Oh, did I mention that ACORN is a liberal group?

So there you have it. It seems to me that if the Democrats truly have such a fantastic lead in all the key races, then there would be no need to commit voter fraud, would there?

Oh and one more gem for the day...After voting Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) told reporters, "I voted for change...just not for me." Yeah, that sounds about right, don't you think? (I might be slightly misquoting there. I read it, then couldn't find it again. Either way, it's close and it says it all.)


Update: I received yet another call urging me to vote around 4:00. The caller mentioned that she had a "record" that indicated that neither Andrew nor I had voted yet. I informed her that we both had, several hours earlier. That seemed to confuse her. I hope that's not a bad sign!

No comments: