The Right Perspective

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where There's Smoke...

So Miss Emily has been complaining a bit of her tummy hurting for the last couple of days. She says she doesn't feel sick (nor does she remotely act like it). She seems fine, but she'll mention it off and on.

Well yesterday, bright mom that I am, it occured to me that it was possible that she could have something like a urinary tract infection that might be causing some minor tummy discomfort. So I asked her if it hurt when she had to go pee-pee. She said no. Then I asked her if it burned when she went. She got a concerned look on her face, but said no again.

A while later, Em went to the bathroom. When she came out she said..."Well, my pee-pee felt hot coming out, but when I looked in the potty, I didn't see any smoke!"

Generally, I can control myself and not laugh in front of her, but I lost it. I told her that no smoke was a good thing and that I thought she was just fine....and her imagination was fantastic.

Life is never dull here.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh Christina, I laughed until I cried!! (My mom, too!!)

janice said...

Kids DO say the darnedest things!

SkyePuppy said...

Oh my goodness, that's hysterical!

Kids' comments reveal how much they've learned so far, and Emily apparently has some of the subtleties of "burning" yet to learn.

One of my favorites from my kids (though nowhere NEAR as funny as this one from Emily) was when we were at a store and I started to give my son The Look. He looked at me and said, "I'm being have (rhymes with shave)." I hadn't realized "behave" could sound like two words...

When they get older, this kind of delight stops for a while. And then (so I'm told), you get grandkids...