The Right Perspective

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well....to quote the OB today...."I think it's still going to be a while."

That pretty much sums it up. Still nameless baby boy is still insistent on staying up high where it is quite uncomfy and doing little good. Apparently he's comfy enough....I'm the only one not.

I think the doctor was being generous/humoring me when I asked him if I was making any progress. He said I was maybe dilated to a one. Just as a frame of reference, I spent a good month dilated to one with Miss Em. At least I know I don't have quite that long, as they won't let me go any longer than 3 more weeks. Still, I'd much prefer to have heard a bit more encouraging news.

On the up-side, little guy is head down, just high, so in the OB's opinion he will most likely stay that way. At least that takes a load off of my mind. My blood pressure was good (118/82), which is a minor miracle considering that it is hotter than Hades outside. My ankles have started to swell, which is such a lovely sight with shorts, which are a necessity in this heat. I feel huge, like I swallowed a beach ball, even though I have technically gained a grand total of 6 lbs.

And a girl can only drink so much water in one day. Seriously. I'm doing the best I can, but holy moly...I may just float away.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, Miss Em is enjoying her first ever week of vacation Bible school at our church. She was very hesitant about the whole deal (it was something new, of course) and I did not sign up to help this year, as I knew that it was entirely possible that I would be unavailable or unable. After some tears the first morning, she quickly decided that she was okay with the whole experience and has spent her afternoons teaching her imaginary friends all that she has learned.

All in all, I'm worn out and hot and hurting and cranky. I apologize in advance to all who may cross my path over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Dina said...

Hi, I can understand you very very well because, I too feel like I have eaten a beach ball and have swollen legs and also we have lots of heat here and it will not fade away until late september -october!! I am due to give birth end of August so I have like 10 more weeks to try and cope with heat, drinking lots of water, summer holidays, swollen feet/ankles etc..etc...etc..... ;) take care xx