The Right Perspective

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Busy Bees






No excuses...I've been busy. Busy taking Emily to pre-school, busy having in-home speech therapy once again, busy being sick, busy (we've all had something in the last month) and busy with various doctors' appts. Was there time to blog? Yes. Did I feel like blogging? No. Did I have anything of importance to say to my loyal readers? Nope. Do I ever? Let's not answer that one! Either way, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


So, what's on my mind these days? Hmmmm....this whole political process and our "choice" of candidates is giving me a headache and making me feel queasy all at the same time. Do I like McCain? Nope. Is he the lesser of two (or three) evils? I hope so. It remains to be seen. Am I worried about the outcome of the election? Well, frankly yes, but there's not much to be done about it at this point other than to trust that the One who already knows the outcome also understands the reasons and controls everything according to His will.


What else....? Oh yeah, I'm interested to see how American Idol shapes up this season. So far, it looks promising, but we'll see. I'm hoping it's a good year for the guys. I like Michael Johns (the Aussie), David Archileta (the 17 year old) and someone else that I can't think of at the moment.


And on the topic of tv...I'm going to miss American Gladiators. What great fun. Even Emily got in on the act, loudly cheering on all of the contestants in the final episode. She loves to see anyone fall in the water....smacking the crud out of each other....


Oh and have I mentioned that I'm officially sick of winter and snow and cold? I think we've had snow on the ground since before Christmas, at the very least. Enough already. Tonight's low is supposed to be -2 with lower wind chills. Will spring please come....NOW!


In Emily news, we resumed private speech therapy once every other week for an hour. Already, she is making great strides. She finally learned how to make the c/k sound (as in "cat"). Now we are working on putting at the beginning of words. She is so proud of herself and she should be. That was a very hard-fought battle and I think she knows it.


Speaking of Emily speaking....did you know that static in her hair keeps her from staying in bed and makes her cold? Funny, I didn't know that either! And here is yesterday's lunchtime conversation at the mall:


Em: "I don't like Indiana!" (no idea how this came up)

Me: "Why don't you like Indiana?"

Em: "Because it's too big."

Me: "Oh. Well, are we in Indiana now?"

Em: "No momma...we're in the mall!"


Silly me!


And finally, here are a few pictures from Valentine's day of Miss Em. Now you're all caught up!

8 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Don't you know that's one of Einstein's lesser-known theories, one that all three-year olds know? The entrance doors to all malls take you through a warp in the space-time continuum to another place where all malls coexist. By the time we grow up, that theory has been forgotten. Good thing you have Emily around to remind you of these things...

Malott said...

SHE CAN SAY THE C/K SOUND NOW!!!! NO MORE P'S FOR C'S!?!?! Uncle Chris is very pleased.

SkyePuppy said...

Uncle Chris, that's too funny!

Christina said...

Ahh....not so fast, Uncle "Chris"! She can make the "c" sound in isolation only. She has a long way to go before she can manage the "cr" sound.

Though it's not much consolation, she still calls me "Fisstina". Still it's not quite as bad as her rendition of your name.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

Yes, silly me, I forgot all about that Einstein theory. By the way, I think my husband also believes in that theory. He hates going to the mall.

Malott said...

There is something very inequitable in this... Christina and Chris start out the same way... How come you get to be "Fiss"tina and I have to be Uncle P_ss?

Bekah said...

I forgot to comment earlier, but I see that to come back and write now certainly provides even more comedy! :)

I love the pictures - and I loved my card too! It's going in the scrapbook (of course).

And I, too, am sick of winter. Today I have declared to be just "icky." Slush, cold, nasty, gray - ICKY.

But even in the ickiness, we still have American Idol tonight!! :)

SkyePuppy said...

The second picture is my favorite.