The Right Perspective

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not Much to Report

Well, I guess I just don't have much to say these days. My life is currently consumed with caring for Emily from sun-up to sundown these days, with no break in between. Naptime is still a major struggle. If I can get Emily to lay down and be still for 5 minutes (or less) she almost always will fall asleep, but something keeps waking her up about 20-30 minutes into her nap. I finally got to the point where I told her she didn't have to sleep, but she did have to play quietly in her room until "quiet-time" was over. That was just a big joke. She would either yell down the stairs, "MOM....MOM.....MOM....UH...MOM etc... or cry forever, either of which totally defeat the idea of quiet time. So today, I have her trying to sleep in the guest bedroom with the tv on in the background. I'm not proud of it, but if it helps her rest and gives me a little break, then so be it.

Ahhh...the things we say we'll never do.

We go to visit Emily's new doctor tomorrow afternoon for a flu shot and a consultation/brainstorming session. I hope and pray that this new doctor has some helpful ideas.

Let's see....in other news, not much is happening. Emily doesn't love going to "pretty school", but she's got to go. I don't know that I really see any improvement in her speech, but then again, even though she is getting more therapy time per week, it's group therapy as opposed to individual therapy. I expected progress to slow, but only time will tell if this is helping enough. I just hope we're not simply treading water and losing valuable time.

Anybody who says parenting is easy has obviously never done it!

6 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Anybody who says parenting is easy has obviously never done it!

You've got that right!

Any news on Andrew finding work closer to family?

janice said...

Oh Christina, my heart goes out to you. I pray things get better soon.

I thought "pretty school" was a big hit, with the sand and all. What happened?

It's good to hear from you even if it is a hit and run post.

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

I knew you'd understand!

Andrew had several job offers, but none were quite right for a variety of reasons. So, he is still working the same job, but has reduced his hours and hopefully things will get a bit better after the new year starts. We'll see.

Thanks for visiting!

Christina said...

Janice,

I hope things improve soon too, I really do. Yesterday was ROUGH.

Yeah, "pretty school" was a big hit in theory, but in reality she's not too thrilled. She has a lot of trouble leaving me and she never wants to go, but she always says she has fun. Go figure. It kind of surprised me too, but then I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything not going the way I expected with Emily.

Thanks for checking in.

Bekah said...

More big hugs to you - I wish they actually accomplished something helpful. :(

I'm so proud of you for your perseverence - and I'm praying that the new doctor listens and finds answers for you!!

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, sweetie...I just ck'd back to see how you are doing...sorry that things don't seem to be improving for you.

How did the doc appt go and the flu shot?

And, hey, what does Friday the 26th look like for you two?