The Right Perspective

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'm Baaaccckkkk!!

Yes, I am still here and still alive, though on Sunday, I didn't feel all that lively. I've been sick with a nasty early spring cold, brought on, I am certain by all the crazy temperature fluctuations. Today I feel a bit more human and capable of doing the everyday stuff again. I'm glad to be on the up-swing.

So, although I know that I hardly posted at all last week, don't expect too much this week either. I have A TON (and I don't think that's an overstatement) of laundry to catch up on plus some other everyday stuff to do and an important doctor's evaluation for Emily this Friday at 8:00 am. (That time's gonna be rough for mom and miss Em.)

For my praying readers, keep this appointment in your prayers. We scheduled this evaluation with a developmental pediatrician sometime before Christmas, when Em was barely saying any words. Her progress has been stunning, but she still has a long row to hoe...so to speak. We are keeping the appt. because I still think it's a good idea to get this doctor's more specialized opinion on Emily's speech issues, so I'm excited and hopeful and a little nervous too. It's been a long time coming so I'm curious to see what she thinks of our darling Emmy (as she calls herself these days).

And now I'm off to put some clothes in the dryer....Let the fun continue!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

I am all over the prayers...let me know how it goes! And I read the Emily post before this one and even thought to myself how GREAT her speech was "sounding." I'm so proud of how far she's come in a short time (though I had nothing to do with it and therefore have no reason to be proud.) Love ya!

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, sweetie. Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather. Wehave thesniffles going around here butnothing that sounds as bad as it seems you felt! *wink* And, we'll keep Em's appt in our prayers! (((hugs)))

Malott said...

Glad you're better. I think maybe a trip south would get you over your weakened condition.

Just a thought.