The Right Perspective

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring is in the Air

I'm airing out the house. All the windows are open, it's currently 70 degrees, sunny with a gentle breeze and it couldn't be more pleasant. I've missed the sun and the warmth and the grass. And I have but two requests: Germs...be gone! and MORE SPRING!!!

The last two days have been better for Emily. I think the antibiotics are definitely helping, even though I have to physically hold her down while trying to aim the syringe into her mouth and try to prevent Miss Em from spitting it back out, or choking, in the process. Fun, fun, fun...but I'm glad it's working.

She's getting more fiesty and stubborn, so she's on the mend. Now we just have to get rid of this wicked cough!

In other news, Miss Emily, who will be 2 and a half on Thursday, had her first graduation of sorts. She has been working with a developmental therapist since she was around 20 months old. Today, nearly 10 months later, we said goodbye to Miss Sarah, our very favorite therapist.

Sarah called me a couple weeks ago and told me that she thought Emily had learned all that she needed to know to be age appropriate (and above) with her fine motor skills and so therapy would no longer be needed. While we are sad to see Miss Sarah go, we are thrilled with the progress Emily has made and how hard she worked to get to this level. She is still working with a speech therapist, and probably will be for some time to come, but she's making great strides here too, so I thought I'd brag on her just a bit.

Hey, I can't help it. I'm her mom!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER!!!!!!! YAY!!! That is huge news! :) And I'm glad that she's feeling better. The springy weather has to help, don't you think? I'm so jealous of those who get to be outside right now. I need to get out my summer clothes. No time for more sweaters. It's 450 degrees in our office.

janice said...

Outstanding!

MeThinks when the germs are gone, a celebration may be in order.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

CONGRATS!! That's AWESOME! Each milestone is special...you know that! LOL We should plan a zoo trip soon to celebrate! *wink*