The Right Perspective

Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 3: Animal Kingdom (continued)

I had a ton of pictures from the Animal Kingdom (and day 3 in general), so I thought I'd split up day three into several posts.  You can thank me later.
 
The general consensus on the Animal Kingdom from our little family is this:  It's usually the hottest/most humid park.  It only takes a day to see everything and seeing the animals can be somewhat hit or miss.  It's definitely easier to see more on a cooler day.  It's also a very lush tropical-feeling park.
 
 
 
 Above and below are just some scenic water falls from around the park.
 
 
 
 
The Animal Kingdom is an African-themed park (with a little Asian flair mixed in).  Here were some pretty cool "tribal" musicians.  They played all sorts of rhythm instruments along with singing and dancing.
 
 
 
Later in the day, Andrew and the kids opted to do a little playing in the kids play area.  I went back and took another safari ride.
 
 
 
I think this is a black rhino...and some large birds.
 


And if I recall, this is a white rhino.  It was as close to us as it looks.
 

 A momma giraffe and her baby and some deer-like creatures.
 

 
 
Crocodiles....lots of crocs!
 
 
 
I don't know what these guys are called, but their horns were pretty cool.
 
 
A big group of hippos.  Hippos are weird. 
 
 
Another cool waterfall on the safari ride.
 
 
 
A view of Mt. Everest (which is actually a large roller coaster).
 


Some very vibrant tropical flowers.
 

 
 
Some very vibrant kiddos in the play area.
 
A closer view of Mt. Everest. 
 
And that friends, was just a sampling of the morning and afternoon on day three.  We still have A LOT more to come.

1 comment:

SkyePuppy said...

Your "I don't know what these guys are called" got me curious, so I went hunting in Google Images. It looks like they're the Addax (second photo down):

href="http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/26/texas-hunting-ranchers-fight-for-right-to-save-african-antelope-species/"